Definition : Formation of “wheal and flare” cutaneous lesions involving only the superficial portions of the dermis . This results in circumscribed wheals with erythematous , raised and serpigenous borders with blanched centers.
(Based on aetiopathogenesis)
immune complex mediated
- Non – immunological
Direct mast cell releasing agents
NSAIDS, ACE inhibitors
- Acute urticaria may be associated with angioedema of the lips ,face ,tongue , throat.
- Wheezing ,Abdominal pain ,Headaches and even Anaphylaxis
- Urticaria present for less than 6 weeks is considered to be acute and if it is continue for more than 6 weeks is considered to be chronic.
Acute & chronic urticaria
1.Autoimmune : Due to antibodies that cross link the ige receptor on mast cell.
2.Allergens in foods and inhalants .
3.contact allergens , latex ,
Infection : intestinal ,Parasites ,hepatitis .
Others : SLE ,Pregnancy,thyroid disease.
1.Hepatitis B , Idiopathic
- Nettle rash or urticaria on hairy parts.Eruption on palms of hands which do not appear in the same place after healing.
- Eruption on genitalis , Male or Female.
- Scaly eruption which disappear in summer and return in winter.
- Eruptions in bends of elbows and knees.
- Violent itching worse by warmth of bed or by scratching.
- Urticaria disappear in summer and reappear in winter.
- Itching of the skin all over the body with or without eruption worse at night in the warm bed, herpes and eczema oozing a glutinous moisture.
- Eruption all over the body producing vesicles , crusts etc.with soreness and itching.
- Eruptions on the scalp with itching is not relieved by scratching.
5. Ranunculus Bulbosus
- Blister like eruption on the palms of hands ,bluish or black colour.
- Eruptions and itching worse by scratching untill burning comes and then bleeding which relieves .
- Irritation of outer surface of the body.Nervous feeling ,biting ,tingling ,changing from Place to place on scratching.
- Head covered with a thick leather like crust under which thick white pus collects here and there and the hair is gluted together.
8. Vinca minor
- Eruption of the scalp and face behind the ear,offensive smelling is develops a crust which allows the discharge to remain beneath and get decomposed ; the hair feels out and is replaced by grey hair.
- Urticaria brought on by eating meat.
10. Carboneum Sulph
- Eruption ,crusts ,eczema ,itching on the scalp ,moist scaly pimple, sore and painful , erysipelas of the scalp.