- Director: NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF HOMOEOPATHY, Kolkata (Ministry of AYUSH, Govt. of India).
- Head of the Department: Organon of Medicine, Homoeopathic Philosophy, Chronic Disease & Psychology, NIH.
- Chief Editor: NATIONAL HOMOEO RECORDER, A Peer Reviewed Free access online Homoeopathic Quarterly Journal
- Chief Editor: Bulletin of National Institute of Homoeopathy, Kolkata
- Editor-in-Chief: Journal of Homoeopathy (a Scientific Peer Reviewed Journal published by NIH)
- Current Membership of Professional Bodies:
- Chairman, Scientific Standing Committee: Homoeopathic Medical Association of India (HMAI)
- Member: LIGA Homoeopathica Internationalis
• Ph.D. in Homoeopathy from Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nashik (Maharashtra) in 2018
• M.D. (Hom.) in Organn of Medicine from Sonajirao Kshirsagar Homoeopathic Medical College, Beed (Maharashtra) under Dr. B.A. Marathwada University, Aurangabad (Maharashtra) in 2000
• B.H.M.S. from The Calcutta Homoeopathic Medical College & Hospital under University of Calcutta in 1994 with Order of Merit and Honours Marks in Organon of Medicine & Materia Medica
Efficacy of individualized homoeopathic medicines in type II diabetes mellitus: A double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled trial
• A double-blind randomized placebo-controlled clinical trial evaluating the efficacy of individualized homoeopathic medicines in treatment of knee osteoarthritis
• Efficacy of Individualized Homoeopathic Medicines in the Treatment of Post-Stroke Hemiparesis: An Open, Randomized, Placebo-Controlled Clinical Trial
• Efficacy of Individualized Homoeopathic Treatment of Insomnia; Double Blind, Randomized, Placebo Controlled Clinical Trial
- Mind – a Simplified Study
- A Collection on Carcinosin
- Samuel Hahnemann’s Organon of Medicine: A Study in its History & Evolution
- Textbook of an Introduction to the study of Homoeopathic Materia Medica
- Corrected, Re-translated and Redacted edition of 6th & 5th edition of Hahnemann’s Organon of Medicine
- Questions on Organon of Medicine (Aphorisms 1-70)
- 1st Edition of Organon of Medicine by Samuel Hahnemann
- Further help to the study of Allen’s Keynotes
- Organon of Medicine with Word Meanings (6th & 5th Editions)
Dr Subhas Singh has presented more than 200 papers with more than 60 published research work and articles in different Homoeopathic journals with deliverance of lectures in CME, ROTP, Seminars, Conferences, Symposiums and Workshops for physicians, PG students, etc.
This book by the authors is an ocean of knowledge which contains everything related to Organon of Medicine; its various editions and translations. But this FIRST CORRECTED, RE-TRANSLATED & REDACTED EDITION of Organon of Medicine does not intend to undermine the services, importance and value of Dr. R.E. Dudgeon’s translation of the Fifth Edition of Organon of Medicine.
It contains –
– A comprehensive life history and information about the works of Dr Samuel Hahnemann, followed by a brief about various editions of Organon of Medicine along with their various translations.
-It also contains various prefaces to different editions, introduction written in different editions; all these are compiled giving serial number to paragraphs for easy understanding and reference.
– The errors in facts and editing of Organon of Medicine have been corrected.
– Errors of translation, information and editing (of Dudgeon); errors of translations, editing, commission, omission and anomalies in Boericke’s edition by American, German and Indian publishers have been corrected.
– This is followed by the aphorisms (from both 5th and 6th edition) with footnotes which are also numbered for a clear comprehension.
– There are word meanings mentioned at the end of each paragraph in the Introduction and also each aphorism, which has made the understanding of Organon of Medicine very simplified thus adding immense value and better comprehension of every line written in the Organon of Medicine.
-Then comes the appendix, the most valuable part of it being the comparative chart of the paragraphs of the introduction to different editions of Organon of Medicine.
Title: Organon of Medicine with Word Meanings (5th & 6th Editions)
Imprint: B.Jain Regular
Author: Dr. Mahendra Singh & Prof. (Dr.) Subhas Singh
- Over all the word meanings given under each paragraph are very useful for the students who joined in the course of Organon and also many translations for the German and Latin words used in various aphorisms and foot notes of every aphorism is very much appreciated .
- The alphabetical arrangement of the words given in each paragraph is very good but I feel the words may be used in the same order as they are used in each aphorism would be very easy and quick reference for the students to refer
- The frame of every edition of Organon is clearly mentioned with all novelties introduced in every edition.
- Clear Demonstration of 5th Edition and changes of 6th Edition are mentioned wherever it is required
- Over all the Font and Highlighting of difficult words with their meaning is appreciated.
- Comparison table of various paragraphs of different editions is good
- Few editions of Organon of Medicine by Samuel Hahnemann are now not available in print form but in this book there is a reference of all editions i.e., 1st,2nd, 3rd , 4th, 5th, 6th are mentioned in last pages and the addition and deletion are clearly mentioned.
- At a glance by reading this book we can have a clear idea of what Hahnemann has changed in the various edition and what he emphasized more in each edition as per then existing condition of his personal experience in formulating the proper guidelines for Homoeopath to study and pursue Homoeopathy.
- This book is very useful for the students as it has a quick reference of the meanings of various Latin and German words and appropriate understanding of Hahnemann’s idea of using those words and a quick reference in examination point of view also and for Practitioners also.