This book is considered as an elaborative construct of our material medica. The author has given a succinct resume of verified characteristic symptoms of every medicine used in homoeopathy including clinical suggestions of several drugs in the Materia Medica part. Repertory begins after conclusion of the materia medica and proceeds from the Chapter Mind to Modalities.
Acknowledged as the BIBLE of Homeopathy, this work of Boericke is considered as an elaborative construct of our material medica. Regarded as a classic, this book is an important addition to the physician’s desk and student’s collection as well. It is one of the most valued contributions by Dr. William Boericke. The book is divided into two parts- Materia Medica and Repertory. The author has given a succinct resume of verified characteristic symptoms of every medicine used in homoeopathy including clinical suggestions of several drugs in the Materia Medica part.
Repertory begins after conclusion of the materia medica section and proceeds from the Chapter Mind to Modalities. This literature has an added advantage, as it is a compendium of a CLINICAL REPERTORY which was compiled by Dr. Oscar Boericke (William Boericke’s brother) which is very useful for bed-side prescribing. Medicines in repertory are given in 2 grades only, making the selection easier (more frequently verified clinical symptoms are written in Italics).
Towards the end, a segment is devoted to RELATIONSHIP OF REMEDIES in tabular form, mentioning the complementaries, inimicals, antidotes, and duration of action of drugs according to author’s observations, making it easier for quick reference at clinics. Another valuable feature is the chapter on THERAPEUTIC INDEX which lists out the commonly indicated medicines for various ailments so if in a hurry and want to glance through the most common medicines for a particular ailment, voila!
Altogether, an immensely informative, comprehensive, useful book at all levels. In short MATERIA MEDICA, REPERTORY, THERAPEUTICS in a single book.
- Insertion of separate sections of nosodes and sarcodes, mother tinctures, rare and uncommon remedies
- Alphabetical arrangement of medicines.
- Each medicine has been given a brief description in the starting where it describes the sphere of action of the drug or what effects do they produce on tissue or organs- a MUST to have knowledge for every Homeopath
- Description of symptoms under distinct headings such as ‘Mind’, ‘Head’, ‘Ears’, ‘Eyes’, etc., which aids understanding and memorization.
- Precise and brief discussion on the clinical application of the medicines along with the modalities, and relationship to other remedies; Bonus- Mention of the recommended dosage and potency.
- Also Available in Hindi, Gujarati, Oriya, Urdu, Spanish languages.
Have You Read This Book?
If Yes, send us your review of the book with a short note about yourself and we’ll publish your views for the world to know!
Here’s the link to upload your views https://forms.gle/ujjZfsVF4BKtdya78
Searching Tags: Boericke’s New Manual of Homoeopathic Materia Medica with Repertory, Materia medica book, Homeopathic Materia medica book, clinical materia medica book, Boericke book, Boericke materia medica book, boericke materia medica, homoeopathic materia medica by boericke