Authored by: Prof. (Dr.) Goutam Das M.D, (Homoeopathy)
Well come… in book review.
Many times, I’m asked… for learning homoeopathy which books to be read?
- Hahnemann’s Organon of Medicine; translate by Dr. R.E. Dudgen and Dr. William Boericke; combined 5th and 6th editions.
But, Dr. J.T. Kent says:
- Organon is a strong, rich source of knowledge… but long in sentence and difficult for many to understand.
- When one has fully comprehended the Principles… then he can read Organon with the deepest satisfaction. The subject is so deep, so difficult to comprehend.
- Once, a most scholarly deep-thinking man said to Dr. Kent that he had read Kent’s Philosophy five times and still reading it and now began to understand Hahnemann’s Organon.
- In other place Dr. Kent says, to learn the Materia Medica, one must master on Organon, after which the symptomatology and the Organon go hand in hand.
Therefore, as the commentary of Organon of Medicine… go through the Homoeopathic Philosophy first, and then the Organon side by side.
In Homoeopathic Philosophy:
- Lecture on homoeopathic Philosophy, by Dr. J.T. Kent.
- The Principles and Art of Cure by Homoeopathy, by Dr. H.A. Roberts.
- The Genius of Homoeopathy, by Dr. Stuart Close.
- Homoeopathy, The Science of Therapeutics, by Dr. C. Dunham.
- The Principles & Practice of Homoeopathy by Dr. Richard Hughes.
- Hahnemann’s Chronic Diseases.
- The Chronic Miasms Psora and Psuedo-psora; Volume 1 & 2, by Dr J.H. Allen.
These are the basic source of text-books must read carefully to learn homoeopathy.
There are two types of schools of homoeopathy, material & immaterial. One follows the literal meaning of the Organon, other the ideas of Dr. Hahnemann; one rigid, other flexible and rational… Dr. Richard Hughes school and the Kentian… we will practice homoeopathy by our choices… according to our maturity of Life.
Thanking you all for your valuable time.
Lastly, thanks to “B. Jain Publishers” and as a wonderful platform “Homoeopathy 360”, for giving us the opportunity to sharing experiences and learning homoeopathy.
Prof. (Dr.) Goutam Das M.D, (Homoeopathy)
Dept. of Organon of Medicine, AJSHMC&RI, Mehsana, (Gujarat)
Faculty & Examiner, (U.G. & P.G.), H.N.G. University, Patan, (Gujarat)
Ex. Academic Director & Principal In-Charge, NHMCH&RC, Agra, (U.P.)
Ex. Examiner, Homoeopathy University, Jaipur, (Rajasthan)
Ex. Faculty & Examiner (U.G. & P.G.), Dr.B.R.A.University, Agra, (U.P.)
Ex. Faculty & Examiner JRN RVHMC, Deemed to be University, Udaipur, (Rajasthan)
Ex. Senior House Physician, PCHC&H, Kolkata (W.B.)