This magnanimous repertory is a compilation from Hering’s Guiding Symptoms of Our Materia Medica and belongs to the class of concordance repertory. The method of classification followed in the compilation of this repertory is the one inaugurated by Hahnemann, developed, perfected and used by Hering throughout his entire Materia Medica work that is the anatomical or regional division into forty-eight chapters.
TOP POINTERS –
– One important feature of this repertory is that it carries a chapter on drug relationship.
– The organ-wise classification of the first 34 chapters following the Hahnemannian scheme and the rest of the chapters represent the reaction of the whole day.
Organ-wise classification follows the following order:
• Above downwards
• From within outwards
• Functional symptoms first followed by the organic conditions
• First the parts and then the whole day.
-Each chapter is alphabetically divided into sections and rubrics sufficient to allow full scope for analysis of the matter contained therein without destroying consistency as a whole.
-The marks of distinction of rubrics are as follows:
• Two double thick II line is BOLD CAPITALS – for symptoms repeatedly verified.
• Single thick I line is ORDINARY CAPITALS – for symptoms verified by cure
• Two thin double II line is Bold Roman – for symptoms more frequently confirmed
• Single thin I line is Roman Italics – for occasionally confirmed symptoms
• Fifth is ordinary Roman
• The Greek “theta” standing between the cured symptom and the pathological condition, or the physiological general state
• Three perpendicular dotted line, marks observations taken from the Old School
• The hand directs in cross-reference to related symptoms, diseases and conditions.
This brilliant piece of work shines more than the others and reflects the light of wisdom by which we are guided in healing the sick.
If Yes, send us your review of the book with a short note about yourself and we’ll publish your views for the world to know!
Here’s the link to upload your views https://forms.gle/ujjZfsVF4BKtdya78
Keywords :- best repertory, knerr repertory, repertory of hering’s guiding symptoms, hering compiles repertory, concordance repertory, repertory by c b knerr, contributions of c b knerr