Founder of the N.H.M.C.:
Dr. Yudhvir Singh, the veteran freedom fighter and homoeopath was born at Jaipur on 11th July 1897. He received education at Agra and Allahabad. He started Homoeopathic practice at the age of 23 and simultaneously joined the freedom movement as a member of Congress. Since then and almost for 60 years he occupied a Central figure not only in Delhi, but also at the International level in the field of Homoeopathy. In 1928 homoeopathic charitable trust was started in his name which is now running 12 charitable homoeopathic dispensaries mainly located amidst the weaker sections of Delhi. Dr. Yudhvir Singh was the first Indian who became the president of the Municipal Committee where he removed corruption prevailing in the body and improved sanitation of the city and stopped the cow slaughter in Delhi. In 1952 Dr. Yudhvir Singh was elected as a Member of the newly formed Legislative Assembly and became the Health and Labour Minister of Delhi. He improved the services of the hospitals and made special arrangements for the treatment of the poor. He brought Delhi Homoeopathic Act in 1956. In 1964 homoeopathic college at Delhi was started by the charitable trust, which was later on taken over by the Delhi Administration. The construction of the building was started on a two and half acres of land purchased from Government with a capital investment of Rs. Eleven Lakh. He was one of the founders of the Delhi Public Library and remained as President of the Governing body till his death. He was President of Delhi Nashabandi Samiti, Chairman of the Delhi Branch of the Hind Kusht Nivaran Sangh, President of Delhi Homoeopathic Board member of Central Council of Homoeopathy and President of the All- India The institution was founded by Late Padam Bhushan Awardee Dr. Yudhvir Singh, a great freedom fighter, social worker and pioneer Homoeopath of India. The foundation stone of the college building was laid by the then Hon’ble Dr. Sushial Nayyar, Minister of Health and Family Welfare on August 22nd, 1963. The OPD wing was inaugurated by the then Hon’ble Prime Minister, late Sh. Lal Bahadur Shastri on May 6, 1964Homoeopathic Medical Association, Chairman of the Reception Committee, International Homoeopathic Congress. He was a true Gandhian in his life and worked for the betterment of the people and was awarded Padma Bhushan in 1977 for his multifarious social activities. He wrote regular columns on Homoeopathy in leading newspapers. On 18th June 1983 he left for his heavenly abode. He lived for others and worked for Homoeopathy.
The institutions NEHRU HOMEOPATHY MEDICAL COLLEGE AND HOSPITAL was founded by Late Padam Bhushan Awardee Dr. Yudhvir Singh, a great freedom fighter, social worker and pioneer Homoeopath of India. The foundation stone of the college building was laid by the then Hon’ble Dr. Sushial Nayyar, Minister of Health and Family Welfare on August 22nd, 1963. The OPD wing was inaugurated by the then Hon’ble Prime Minister, late Sh. Lal Bahadur Shastri on May 6, 1964
1920:- Start Homoeopathic pratice
1928:- Dr. Yudhvir Singh Homoeopathic Charitable Trust now running 9 charitable dispensary in Delhi with Dental clinic.
1932:- Board of Homoeopathic system.
Founder of Delhi LAJPAT RAI MARKET
Founder of AMRIT KAUR MARKET
Founder of SHARDHAN MARKET
Founder of OKHLA INDUSTRY and also CHARIMAN of INDUSTRIAL BOARD
FOUNDER OF ARYA KUMAR SABHA
PRESIDENT FOR 10 YEARS T.B. HOSPITAL
1st. EDITOR OF NATIONAL HAREAD , MONTHLY MAGEINES , HOMEOPATHIC SANDESH , NASABANDI SANDESH.
Dr. YUDHVIR SINGH START HOMOEOPATHIC DISPENSAR COURSE MORE THAN 95% student now working in goverment dispensary.