[Abstract: This article deals with the clinical understanding of the study of Homoeopathic Materia Medica and Therapeutics study on the light of the teaching of our Organon of Medicine & Homoeopathic Philosophy that, whatever it maybe the name of the disease or the pathology; Homoeopaths needs to perceive, what is curable in disease and what is curative in medicine; they’re the clinically verified signs & symptoms of a remedy, the power, the essence, the image, the very nature of the sickness, those are only to be counter as stronger & similar in its manifestations but different in kind for restoring the sick to health homoeopathically, are also expressed in this article.]
Images of Arnica Montana, Belles perennis, Calendula, Hypericum perforatum, Ledum palustre, Rhus tox., Ruta graveolens, Staphisagria, Symphytum plants (Images.app.goo.gl)
Keywords: Injury – homoeopathic therapeutics- remedies– dynamic actions of remedies – prescriable – clinically verified – curative symptoms.
Abbreviation: < = aggravation; > = amelioration.
The word, injury, denotes any harm whatever illegally caused to any person in body, mind, reputation or property (Under Sec. 44 IPC).
Wound is not defined by law but the words of statute related to this subject is ‘Hurt’ – whosoever causes bodily pain, disease or infirmity to any person, is said to cause hurt (Under Sec. 319 IPC). Today our discussion on Mechanical Injuries; line abrasion, bruise, and Wounds; like incised, lacerated, stab, gun-shot wounds.
Therapeutics concerns, only with the discovery and selection of an individually specific remedy for each individual case of disease; in accordance with a Therapeutic law.
In Homoeopathy, we needs to prescribe specific single remedy in specific individual case; that may be differ and specific in each case of injury whatever it maybe in body, mind, reputation or property and in case of Mechanical Injuries; line abrasion, bruise, and Wounds; like incised, lacerated, stab, gun-shot wounds respectively.
Here, we will tries to discuss on some specific homoeopathic remedies with their clinical indication, in the case of wounds as-well-as in the case of mechanical injuries. The specific remedies are Arnica Montana, Belles perennis, Calendula, Hypericum perforatum, Ledum palustre, Rhus tox., Ruta graveolens, Staphisagria, Symphytum.
KEY POINTS: 
- Bodyache may due to mechanical injuries or may in suffering from any diseases.
- Sensitiveness and restlessness.
- Bed feels too hard but, says there is nothing the matter with him about his complaints.
- Conscious delirium and anxiety.
- Arnica: Sycosis+
- Thermal reaction: Chilly.
Bodyache may due to mechanical injuries or may in suffering from any diseases:
Sore, lame, bruised feeling all over the body, as if beaten.
- Due to traumatic affections of muscles from any mechanical-physical injury or from mental shock, grief-sorrow; or from economical-loss or in any sufferings from diseases like typhoid etc.
Injury in abdomen in pregnant women, as if abortion will be take place.
- After delivery for remove uterine pain, to prevent septic fever (After mechanical delivery – Hypericum).
Arnica has little works upon nervous system, and not useful in brain injury, spinal-cord injury, injury in tip of the finger; but, in spraining first Arnica.
- Blood vomiting due to chest injury, abdominal injury.
- Fever due to injury.
Uterine complaints, rheumatism, paralysis after injury, even after long years first Arnica.
- Loss of eye sight after injury (Symphytum).
Everything on which he lies seems too hard.
- Complaints constantly of it and keeps moving from place to place in search for a soft spot.
- Because the pressed part feel double in weight and changing position make temporary relief (the parts rested upon feel sore and bruised, Bap., Pyro.; must move continually to obtain relief from the pain, Rhus tox.).
Sensitiveness and restlessness:
Gout and rheumatism: with great fear of being touched or struck by persons coming near him.
- But, feel relief by motion which makes him restless.
Haemorrhage; profuse bleeding after delivery, haemorrhage in brain in apoplexy. Bleeding from injured part or ulcerated parts.
- Pus form at injured areas, even when after fracture Arnica helps to protect septic condition.
- Hydrocephalus; deathly coldness in forearm of children (in diarrhoea, Bromium).
Blackish or bluish spots due to injuries or in fever seeing on chest and on abdomen.
- Nose cold to touch or patient feels as if cold.
- Head hot and body cold to touch.
Bed feels too hard but, says there is nothing the matter with him about his complaints:
Unconsciousness; when spoken to answers correctly, but unconsciousness and delirium at once return.
- Till consciousness, only say about his ‘sore and bruised feeling all over the body’.
- When become unconscious only say ‘bed seems too heard’.
- When become bed-retain in serious illness says ‘I am well, no needs for physician and refuse to take medicine’.
Conscious delirium and anxiety:
When spoken to answers correctly, but unconsciousness and delirium at once return.
- Only say about his ‘sore and bruised feeling all over the body’ till consciousness.
- When become unconscious only say ‘bed seems too heard’.
- When become bed-retain in serious illness says ‘I am well’ (Arsenic, Opium.).
- Anxiety, fear, fears of death; after an accident fearful, wakeup from sleep from a fearful dream.
Malaria: in bad effect of quinine.
- Body cold, painful and head or face hot.
- Chill begin from the abdomen.
- Thirsty during chilly stage.
- Bile vomit; profuse prostration.
- Sudden and violent attack.
After delivery suppress of urine or involuntary urine (Causticum, Opium; for baby – Aconitum nap.)
Apoplexy: first stage, involuntary stool and urine.
- Brain haemorrhage; thrombosis (Lachesis).
Meningitis: after mechanical or traumatic injuries.
- Before and after Hyoscyamus.
- Convulsion, tetanus – head hot, body cold.
Appendicitis: in acute stage followed by constitutional treatment.
- Dr. J.T. Kent say, one dose of Arnica may give relief for few days in appendicitis (Bryonia, Tuberculinum).
- ‘Removal of the appendix brings no permanent relief to the sufferer or credit to the surgeon’ – Says by great Surgeons.
Tuberculosis: last stage of, when body sore, bruise due to cough.
Boil: tendency to small, painful boils, one after another extremely sore.
Remember: Never to be use in animal bites.
- Injuries on the muscular fibres of the blood vessels.
- Injuries to the deeper tissues, organs like uterus, spleen, breast, brain etc.
- Soreness of the abdominal wall and deeper organs with intolerance to cold bathing.
Tetanus may be develop from rat/cat bites, injuries from needles like pointed instruments on nails, fingers, toes, palms, or soles; coccyx, spinal cord, brain etc. the parts which are rich in sentient nerves.
KEY POINTS: 
- Pain begin to ascend from below to up-words and > by heat.
- Injury by hammer on the finger tip.
- Surgical wounds.
- Wounds are more sensitive in Hypericum than Ledum.
- Thermal reaction: Chilly.
Prevents ‘Lock-jaw’; convulsion may be after 4 to 5 days or 4 to 5 weeks from the injury.
- But when the ‘Lock-jaw’ started – that’s the danger stage and then only Hypericum will acts on that time.
Nervous depression: following any wounds or surgical operations.
- Can remove the bad effects of any shock, fright, or of mesmerism.
- Meningitis due to any injury.
- Pus formation in ulcer (Calendula).
Corns, blisters: of hands or feet, when very sensitive and painful.
Piles: very sensitive to touch.
Fever: frequent urge for urination at the stage of chill.
- Violent delirium at the stage of heat with eyes protruded.
- Ameliorations from hot or heat application, stay in worm, taking hot or worm foods or drinks.
Case:  A boy 11 years age has suffered from high fever, convulsion after a forehead injury on the middle of both eyebrows by throwing a stone of his friend during their playing; injured part was so sensitive, when touch < convulsion++; Hypericum 200 one dose and within 2-minites hard bend backward body became soft and straight with 1/2 clonic attacks, after that totally free of attack; fever first 98°F, after half an hour 102.2°F, after two hours 100°F persisted; patient drink milk, 2/1 clonic were seen; second dose of Hypericum 200 given, from third day morning no complaints, from fifth day normal diet and no need for further medicine in this case.
KEY POINTS: 
- > By cold water.
- Disease attack begins in lower limbs and then ascends.
- Oedematous swelling.
- Nerve injury.
- Ledum pal: Psora+, Syphilis++.
- Thermal reaction: Hot.
Amelioration by cold water:
- Very chilly, affected parts cold to touch, but > by cold application.
- < By heat and motion.
- Punctured wound by sharp-pointed instruments; rat or insect bites; > by cold.
- Rheumatism or gout or carbuncles or erysipelas all are > by cold application.
Disease begins in lower limbs and then ascends (Arnica; Opp. Cactus g., Kalmia lat.):
- Arthritis; begins from thump of the feet, to the ankles, knees; right hip joint to left shoulder joint (Agaricus mus.).
- > By ice cold water, wet clothing; < at night, heat of the bed, by motion.
- Affected areas become swollen; very painful > by cold; < at night, by motion.
- Scanty of urine and swelling appear.
- Affected parts become swollen; hand, feet, face become swollen.
- Urine becomes scanty.
- Syphilitic ulcers > by cold application.
- Alternate rheumatism and cough with bleeding.
- In case of immediate injury by pointed instruments or animal or insect bites give Ledum pal. the first, and if Tetanus begins Hypericum needed. In Hypericum, pain is more severe.
- Neuralgia begins and ascends from lower to upper limbs; > by cold (Hypericum: > hot).
- Sciatica > cold.
- In fever thirsty during chilly stage.
Case 1: A case of Dysmenorrhoea, with a history of Rheumatic pain of knees, > by cold application; after giving Ledum pal – Dysmenorrhoea disappear, but Rheumatic pain of the knees re-appear. Now, if the patient is strong enough, the Rheumatic pain disappear slowly and automatically, but if the patient is weak, the knee pain will continue and please don’t try to cure the knee pain … if so the Dysmenorrhoea will re-appear and finally Uterus or Heart will be attack.
[Rheumatism: mainly painful muscles of the body and the miasm Sycotic.
Gout: is chronic rheumatism, mainly inflammation and swelling of various joints and its Syco-psoric in nature.]
Case 2:  Mrs. Osman Bibi 27/28 years in age of Bangladesh; having one daughter and two sons all are died within 2/6 months due to severe attacks of convulsion. She was pregnant last in her 23 years age and till now have not conceive and is in grief and sorrow. Now, having tumours (small orange size) in both axilla, back of the neck, back of the right knee. After operation of 3/4 tumours, severe bleeding for 18/20 days, more growth of tumours begins and death condition develops. Now, patient having severe Dysmenorrhoea; more the flow, more the pain; > by cold wet clothing upon her abdomen; she crying loudly; bleeding from her nose and she apply cold wet cloth on her nose. Ledum pal. 1M to 10M are prescribed; pain in tumour < but the patient feels better mentally and in her Dysmenorrhoea also. After 3 months of first 10M, repetition of the 10M and all the tumours become cure and she became healthy.
KEY POINTS: 
- Dislocations or sprains of joints.
- Backache and prolapse of rectum.
- Pain in left breast with itching in genitalia in female.
- Eyes burn and difficulties in vision.
- Ruta: Psora++ Sycosis++
- Thermal reaction: Chilly.
Dislocations or sprains of joints:
Ruta may be needed: after Arnica or Rhus tox.
- Ruta is more-deeper than Arnica or Rhus tox.
- Ruta may be effective in Tuberculosis, which develops due to after any injury.
- Cough with bleeding after injury.
Joints pain: due to dislocation of the joints or by any injury or pain all over the body.
- < in rest, by cold application, at night.
- > by motion.
- Sprains of joints; especially in wrist and ankles.
- Bruises and mechanical injuries of bones and periosteum; fracture.
Diarrhoea: due to pressure of stomach from weight-lifting.
- Pain in abdomen or diarrhoea due to eating cartilaginous meat.
Backache and prolapse of rectum:
- Backache with difficulties in urinary bladder and kidney.
- Backache due to weight-lifting.
- Backache > by lying on the back.
- Prolapse of rectum; during stool, bending forwards, after child birth.
Pain in left breast with itching in genitalia in female:
- Pain in left breast.
- Difficulties in vision.
- With intense itching in female genitalia.
Eyes burn and difficulties in vision:
- Due to excess using of eyes in fine works.
- Like watch-making, engraving, due to intently looking works.
- Injury on the eye-ball; in case of bone fracture, for bone union after setting of bone and immobilisation.
- Injuries of muscles, veins (Arnica), sprain of muscles.
Arnica montana: Bruised soreness; injury of soft muscles fibres; muscles fibres not damage or nor displace with associate of its characteristics.
Hypericum: Pain in sensory nerves, lock-jaw; convulsions++; injury of sensory nerves or spinal cord, bruise or cut of sensory nerves; associate with its characteristics.
Rhus tox.: Injuries of muscles or tendons, sprain of joints; due to pulling or stress of muscles, associate with its characteristics.
Ledum: Punch with pointed instrument, even with pus formation. After taking injection the part become severe painful, tender with pus cured by Ledum 200. Injury of nerve by pointed instrument (Hypericum– bruise or cut of sensory nerves); associate with its characteristics.
Calendula: Injuries or by operation when parts are bruise, cutting, broken with profuse pus++ formation.
Ruta: Injury in cartilages, bone having where thin skin covering of the periosteum like wrist, elbow, ankle, knee etc. Pain feels only by rubbing on the part by the tip of the finger; not by the pressure; associate with its characteristics.
Staphisagria: Pain due to incision by a sharp instrument or pain due to forcefully opening of sphincters muscles for stretching with the help of stretcher for anus, urethra etc.
Symphytum: Fracture of bone, injury of eye-ball associate with its characteristics.
Calcarea phosphorica: In Sprain first Arnica then Rhus tox; and then as complementary Calc. phos.
Common uses of potencies:
All injury remedies are commonly used in 30CH, 200CH, 1MCH, 10MCH potencies, as per the interpretation of the demand of the degree of susceptibility of the patient in individual cases.
“To restore the sick to health” – in the cases of injuries, along with as-per needs of the Auxiliaries measures like dressing, immobilization etc.Homoeopaths must select the Specific Homoeopathic Remedy in individual case, by the specific indications from both in case and in the remedy; following the Homoeopathic Therapeutics Laws and Principles accordingly.
1) Boericke W, Organon of Medicine; S. Hahnemann, translated by R. E. Dudgeon; Indian edition, Calcutta, Roy Publishing House, 1961
2) Bandhyapadhya N, Oushadh pariyachay; HPCO, Calcutta, 12th edition [1, 2, 4, 6]
3) Ghatak, Nilmoni; Homoeopathuc Materia Medica, Dr. S,M, Bhattacharjee; The Hahnemann Homoeo Pharmacy, BC-111, Salt-Lake, Kolkatta-700064; part 2nd , 3rd
4) ‘Nature of Bryonia alba, Nux vomica, Rhus tox. Sickness’- by the author
Prof. (Dr.) Goutam Das M.D. (Homoeopathy)
Dept. of Organon of Medicine, AJSHMC&RI, Mehsana, (Gujarat)
Faculty & Examiner (U.G. & P.G.), H.N.G. University, Patan, (Gujarat)
Ex. Academic Director & Principal In-Charge, NHMCH&RC, Agra (U.P.)
Ex. Examiner, Homoeopathy University, Jaipur, (Rajasthan)
Ex. Faculty & Examiner (U.G. & P.G.), Dr.B.R.A.University, Agra, (U.P.)
Ex. Faculty & Examiner JRN RVHMC, Deemed to be University, Udaipur, (Rajasthan)
Ex. Senior House Physician, PCHC&H, Kolkata (W.B.)
Assist by: Dr. Annu Patel B.H.M.S.
Board of Homoeopathic Medicine, Lucknow, Dept. of AYUSH, Govt. of U.P., & Dr.B.R.A. University, Agra (U.P.)
Ex. House Physician, JRN RVHMC, Deemed to be University, Udaipur, (Rajasthan)