Introduction:-Character of Chest pain varies in forms, ranging from a sharp stab to a dull ache. Chest pain feels crushing or burning. In certain cases, the pain in chest referred up the neck, into the jaw, to the back or downward one or both arms. Mostly life-threatening causes are associated with the heart or lungs. Because pain in chest is a indicator of emergency.
|Cardiovascular System:- Myocardial ischaemiaMIPericarditisMitral valve proplapseAortic dissectionAortic aneurysmCardiomyopathyValvular heart diseaseInfective endocarditis||Respiratory System:- BronchospasmPneumoniaPneumothoraxPulmonary embolismMalignancyTuberculosisPulmonary infarctPleurisy||Musculoskeletal System:- Rib fractureVertebral collapseCostochondritisOsteoarthritisEpidemic myalgiaIntercostal muscle injury||Gastrointestinal System:- OesophagitisOesophageal spasmPancreatitisPeptic ulcerCholecystitis|
- Chest pain, pressure, tightness, or heaviness; referred pain in neck, jaw, shoulders, back, or one or both arms
- Indigestion or heartburn; nausea and vomiting associated with chest discomfort
- Persistent shortness of breath
- Weakness, dizziness, light-headedness, loss of consciousness.
- Full blood count
- Chest x-ray
- Stress test
- CT Scan
- Actea racemosa. – Pain worse on the right side.
- Aconite – constant pressure in left chest, oppressed breathing on least motion. Shortness of breath.stitches through chest.
- Arnica montana –Angina pectoris, stitches in heart. Pulse feeble and irregular. Cardiac dropsy and distressing dyspnoea.
- Abrotanum-Rheumatism to heart, endocarditis with piercing pain across chest.
- Amyl nitrite– Praecordial anxiety, pain and constriction around heart. Great oppression and fullness of chest.
- Bryonia – Pericarditis and pericardial effusion with strong pulse, stitching pain in cardiac region.
- Cactus grandiflorus:- Oppressed breathing as from weight on chest. Constriction in chest. Angina pectoris.
- Kali carbonicum – Palpitation and burning in heart region. Threatened heart failure. worse between 2-3 A.M
- Phosphorus – Congestion of lungs. Burning pain, heat and operation of chest. Tightness across chest. sharp stitches in chest
- Ranunculus bulbosus – various kinds of pain and soreness as if bruised in sternum and intercostal rheumatism, sharp stitching pain in the chest along with dyspnoea.
- Rhus toxicodendron – Hypertrophy from overexertion .pulse quick, weak, irregular, intermittent, with numbness of left arm. oppression of chest ,cannot get breath with sticking pain,
- Rumex crispus – Sharp stitching pain through the left lung, often with cough.raw pain under clavicle.
- Stannum – feeling of chest is sore, chest feel weak can hardly talk.
- Ralston, S., Strachan, M., Britton, R., Penman, I. and Hobson, R., 2018. Davidson’s Principles & Practice Of Medicine. 23rd ed. Edinburgh: Elsevier.
- National Heart Attack Alert Program Coordinating Committee, 60 Minutes to Treatment Working Group: Emergency department: rapid identification and treatment of patients with acute myocardial infarction. Ann Emerg Med 23:311, 1994
- Harrison T, Kasper D, Hauser S, Jameson J, Fauci A, Longo D et al. Harrison’s principles of internal medicine. 20th ed. New York: McGraw-Hill Education; 2018.
- Munjal YP. API Textbook of Medicine. Ninth ed. India: Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers (P) Ltd.; 2012.
- Boericke W., 9th Edition, New Manual of Homoeopathic Materia Medica and Repertory; Augmented, B. Jain Publisher (P) Ltd., New Delhi, (2000).
- Samuel Lilienthal, Homeopathic Therapeutics, B. Jain Publishers, reprint, (2004)
- Allen HC. Allen‘s Keynotes Rearranged and Classified Leading Remedies of the Materia Medica and Bowel Nosodes. New Delhi: B. Jain Publishers(P)Ltd; 2005.
Dr. Ashok yadav, HOD Dept. Of Practice of Medicine (Hom.) Dr. M.P.K. Homoeopathic Medical College, Hospital and Research Center. Homoeopathy University, Jaipur.
Dr. Virendra chauhan , Prof. Dept. Of Practice of Medicine (Hom.) Dr. M.P.K. Homoeopathic Medical College, Hospital and Research Center. Homoeopathy University, Jaipur.
Dr. Bhupendra Arya , MD Scholar, Department of Practice of Medicine (Hom.) , Dr. M.P.K Homoeopathic Medical College, a constituent college of Homoeopathy University, Jaipur.
Dr. Dharmendra Saini , MD Scholar, Department of Practice of Medicine (Hom.) , Dr. M.P.K Homoeopathic Medical College, a constituent college of Homoeopathy University, Jaipur.
Dr. Navneet Kaur , MD Scholar, Department of Practice of Medicine (Hom.) , Dr. M.P.K Homoeopathic Medical College, a constituent college of Homoeopathy University, Jaipur.