ABSTRACT – Hemorrhage is a frequently met condition in clinical practice and hospital settings. This article briefly describes about hemorrhage, its types and various homeopathic approaches in its management.
Haemorhage is a very common manifestation of many more complaints. It is a bleeding from damaged blood vessel. haemorrhage can occur inside and outside the body.
Their types of haemorrhage may vary from minor such as a bruise, to major such as bleeding, either in or from any part of the body.
On the basis of different criteria-
Origin – 1)- arterial
Bleeding – 1)- internal
As we know, it is a condition of self-healing to serious management so, along with acute management of these points, now further we can help for healing by homoeopathic medicines.
|Nitric acid||Secale cor||Ruta|
|Ferrum phos||Thalaspi bursa||Rhus tox|
- IPECAC – this remedy has infallible results over hemorrhage from every orifice of body. Bleeding is active bright i.e. in arterial bleeding and quantity is much more. Tongue is clean is a key feature.
- Phosphorus – drug is having haemorrhagic diathesis. It irritates, inflames and degenerates mucous and serous membrane and markedly disorganizes the blood, use the medicine where fatty degeneration of blood vessel occur which leads to haemorrhage.
- BELLADONA- This remedy is recommended for nose bleeding in little children. generally, all the complaints are associated with fever, with marked flushed face.
- NITRIC ACID – active haemorrhage of bright red colour, with great weakness. As this med. Acts well on dark complexion and middle life. Ulcer of any part bleeds very easily.
- FERRUM PHOS – There person is not a full blooded. pt. is anemic, here, oxygenoid constitution is prominent so must use in case of hemorrhage.
VENOUS / PASSIVE BLEEDING
- SECALE COR – this produces an anemic condition, coldness, numbness, petechiae, mortification, bleeding is offensive in nature.
- LACHESIS – like all snake poison, Lachesis also decomposes the blood, rendering it more fluid; there is marked tendency of hemorrhage.
- CROTALUS – General disorganization of the blood, haemorrhages and jaundice. A crotalin injection decreases the rate of coagulation of the blood. In epilepsy the average rate is far greater than in normal conditions. Blood decomposition, haemorrhages (dark fluid that forms no clots), haemorrhagic diathesis
- THLAPSI BURSA – It is an anti-haemorrhage remedy due to this oncotic pressure disturb leads to more albuminuria. Use in mostly female haemorrhage from uterine fibroid, uterine haemorrhage with cramps and expulsion of clots.
INTERNAL BRUISE/ CONTUSSED WOUND-
- ARNICA – This remedy suited to most cases when any injury, resulting from falls, blows, contusion. tendency to haemorrhage and low fever with ecchymosis. Relaxed blood vessels, black and blue spot.
- PYROGENUM – Medicine for septic states. there is bleeding which is offensive in nature.
- RUTA- bruised lame sensation all over, as after a fall or blow, worse in limbs and joints. Injury over eye by blunt injury. Where it burns, ache like balls of fire.
- RHUSTOX – Rhus tox we used for sprain and strain, after there is swelling and redness and hotness to touch. Rhustox acts well in acute condition.
- CONIUM – injury of gland, after bruises. Swelling, straining, spraining is key feature of conium. It acts as anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial. Used for injury specially in breast.
BAD EFFECT OF HAEMORRHAGE IS COVERED BY FOLLOWING MEDICINE-
- CARBO VEG.
- MELIOLOTUS ALBA
- BIO COMBINATION 01
This hemorrhage is only one symptom and never alone furnishes a reliable remedy. We have to take a full proper case and peculiar symptoms so that it may lead to a proper medicine and management of this acute condition.
- William boericke materiamedica
- Allens keynote – HC ALLEN
- Nash materia medica
- Davidson’s practice of medicine
Dr. Palak chouksey
M.D scholar (Practice of Medicine)1st year