This is a certain digestive disturbances that are dependent upon
functional derangement of the liver . This gastrointestinal
dysfunction frequently occurs in liver cirrhosis and increase with
disease severity .
❖ Liver cirrhosis including gastrointestinal mortality
❖ Alcoholic liver fibrosis
❖ Non alcoholic fatty liver
❖ The acute form is often found amoung children and
presents with the symptoms of acute gastro enteritis.
Subacute and chronic forms are observed among adults .
❖ He is listless , apathetic during the day and sleeps soundly
during the night .
❖ The tongue is coated .
❖ There is more or less epigastric distress with eructation
after eating .
❖ There is more or less nausea and at the times vomiting
after full meal .
❖ The bowel are constipated , stools are light coloured ,
black , grey , extremely offensive and may be hard .
❖ The pulse is full and hard .
❖ There is severe headache and its severe after eating.
❖ All complaints are aggravated after alcoholic stimulants .
HOMOEOPATHIC THERAPEUTIC : –
1. This remedy is indicated in bilious attack , when there is
deficient secretion of the bile and there are indication of
gastric catarrah and lithemia with gastric and intestinal
2. There is an intense occipital headache.
3. The bowels are usually regular but the stools are
deficient in bile .
1. The appetide is poor , there is a profuse salivation ,
sour eructations, with rumbling in the abdomen .
2. There is shooting griping pain in abdomen .
3. Dull frontal headache and yellowness of conjunctiva
1. There is constant nausea after eating .
2. The stomach fells distressed an hour or two after eating
3. Frequently ineffectual desire for stool.
1.There is nausea with painful retching and vomiting ofsour food.
2. The bowels are distended with gas .
3. The liver is swollen , painful and sensitive to touch especially
of the left lobe .
1. There is a loss of appetide with the vomiting of sour
2. There is a painfulness in the hepatic region and pain
above the crest of the illum .
3. The stool are soft , contain an excess of mucus , and
their passage produces a sensation of burning in the
HYDRASTIS CANADENSIS –
1. This remedy should be remembered in bilious states
which are associated with gastric and duodenal
2. The appetide is impaired , there are sour eructations
with a dull aching pain in stomach .
1. Its increase the functional activity og the hepatic cell
2. It is useful if the bowels are inactive and the stool
gray , dry and hard .
CHELIDONIUM MAJUS –
1.This remedy is indicated in congestion of liver and portal
2. There is severe stiches in the liver and pain that extends to rt
scapular region .
3. The patient frequently feels nauseated and vomits.
1.This remedy is indicated in functional derangement of liver
2.The stool are tarry black and followed by great weakness in the
3. There is dull aching distress in the umbilical region and pain in
the rt shoulder and arm
DR BISHNU PRASAD MAITI
HOUSE STAFF KHARAGPUR HOMOEOPATHIC MEDICAL COLLEGE & HOSPITAL ( W.B )