Anabolic steroids are synthetic variants of the male sex hormone testosterone, primarily used to enhance muscle growth, improve athletic performance, and aid in muscle recovery. Today the use of anabolic steroids all around the world is surging as people learn more and more about the power of steroids and their ability to use hormones in one’s own interest. More and more people now Buy Anabolic Steroids Safely Online. But just like every other medicine steroids too have side effects. While some of the effects target specifically males some effects target females. While both men and women may use anabolic steroids for various reasons, the effects can significantly differ due to inherent physiological differences between the genders. And in this article, you will know how it can affect your body based on your gender. Starting with primary types of anabolic steroids which are commonly used.
Primary Types of Anabolic Steroids: Used by both men and women
To compare how anabolic steroids, affect both men and women we first need to know which steroids are being used by both men and women. And followings are the types of steroids that are used by both men and women.
The primary types of anabolic steroids used by both men and women include:
This is the main male sex hormone, and synthetic versions are used to boost muscle growth and athletic performance in both genders. It is a synthetic version of testosterone. These synthetic forms are often taken in higher doses than naturally produced testosterone. Testosterone promotes protein synthesis within muscle cells, which leads to increased muscle mass, strength, and endurance. Besides in many cases, women also use anabolic steroids of this hormone for muscle building and muscle recovery.
- Nandrolone: This anabolic steroid is known for its muscle-building effects and is used by athletes and bodybuilders of both genders. Nandrolone works by increasing the retention of nitrogen within muscle tissues, which enhances protein synthesis and stimulates muscle growth. Additionally, if you use this steroid it can aid in reducing any inflammation condition if you have any and will promote joint health. This is what makes it a popular choice among athletes to alleviate exercise-related joint pain.
- Stanozolol: Commonly known as Winstrol, it is used to enhance muscle definition and strength. This steroid is not like anything else, you will love it because of its ability to make leaner and more defined physique. Besides Stanozolol does not convert into estrogen, which can lead to water retention and bloating.
- Oxandrolone: Also known as Anavar, it’s favored for promoting lean muscle mass and aiding muscle recovery. If you know about medical surgery then you may recognize this steroid, Anavar is often used in medical settings to counteract muscle wasting conditions and to aid in recovery from injuries or surgeries. It enhances nitrogen retention and protein synthesis in muscles, leading to gradual and sustainable muscle growth without excessive water retention.
Now that we know some primary types of anabolic steroids used by both men and women let’s see what are their effects on the human body based on gender and how they differ from one body to another based on the physical structure and other factors.
Effects on Men:
While anabolic steroids can offer benefits to men in terms of muscle growth and performance, they are also associated with several undesirable side effects, which most of the time becomes visible in the long-term use of anabolic steroids. Followings are some of the effects of using anabolic steroids, especially without proper guidance from specialists.
- Reduction in Testicle Size: Steroid use can lead to a decrease in testicle size due to suppressed natural testosterone production.
- Low Sperm Count: The disruption of hormonal balance can result in reduced sperm production and fertility.
- Erectile dysfunctions: the long -term use of anabolic steroids can lead to erectile dysfunctions or ED by making hormonal imbalance, testicular atrophy, and libido changes.
- Balding: Steroids can accelerate male pattern baldness in genetically predisposed individuals.
- Prostate Cancer Risk: Elevated testosterone levels may contribute to an increased risk of prostate issues, high levels of testosterone or its metabolite, dihydrotestosterone (DHT), are associated with an increased risk of prostate cancer.
- Painful Urination: Anabolic steroids enlarge the prostate glands and enlarged prostate glands most of the time can lead to discomfort during urination making it more painful.
- Breast Development: Anabolic steroids rapidly increase some hormones and hormonal imbalance may occur. Which will lead to breast tissue enlargement or scientifically known as (gynecomastia). If someone develop this problem due to anabolic steroid he might require plastic surgery to reverse the issue.
- Infertility: Steroid use can disrupt the hormonal axis responsible for fertility, and sometimes the situation gets so severe that it may result in no sperm count which ultimately leads to infertility problems.
- Aggression: Anabolic steroids have been associated with an increased risk of aggression and irritability, a phenomenon often referred to as “roid rage.” While not all individuals who use anabolic steroids experience these effects, some may be more susceptible due to the influence of these substances on the brain and behavior. The aggression due to anabolic steroids effect depends on several factors such as Neurochemical effects, Hormonal Changes, Psychological factors, Impulse Control, etc.
- Hair Growth and Baldness: Steroid use can lead to increased body and facial hair growth in men. However, it can also accelerate male pattern baldness due to the conversion of testosterone into dihydrotestosterone (DHT).
Effects on Women:
Women may use anabolic steroids for muscle growth and athletic performance, but the effects can be more pronounced and include:
- Facial Hair: Increased androgen levels can lead to the growth of facial hair.
- Change in Voice: Deepening of the voice can occur due to vocal cord changes caused by androgen exposure.
- Baldness: Similar to men, women may experience hair thinning or baldness.
- Enlarged Clitoris: Anabolic steroids can cause clitoral enlargement, and the worse thing is it may become an irreversible issue.
- Menstrual Dysfunction: Anabolic steroids can lead to female hormonal disruption and hormonal disruptions can lead to irregular or absent menstrual cycles.
- Virilization: The most concerning effect for women is virilization, which refers to the development of masculine traits. This can include facial hair growth, deepening of the voice, clitoral enlargement, and disruptions in menstrual cycles.
Common Effects of Anabolic Steroids:
Both men and women may experience certain shared side effects, including:
- Acne: Anabolic steroids can stimulate sebaceous glands, leading to increased acne.
- Mood Swings: Steroids can affect mood and behavior, leading to mood swings, aggression, and irritability.
- Liver Strain: Some oral steroids can stress the liver and potentially lead to liver damage.
- Cardiovascular Risks: Steroid use can contribute to increased cholesterol levels and a higher risk of cardiovascular issues.
Anabolic steroids have profound effects on both men and women, albeit with distinct gender-specific outcomes due to hormonal disparities. While these substances can offer muscle growth and performance benefits, you should be careful about their potential side effects, ranging from reproductive disruptions to physical changes, which are some of the most serious issues and sometimes irreversible too. This is why you cannot ignore how anabolic steroids can affect your body especially based on your gender. And not just you but anyone who is considering the use of anabolic steroids should be well-informed about these potential consequences and should consult medical professionals before making any decisions.