Mr Ramesh aged 18 years male, consulted me on 25th August, 2004 for ulcerative pain in abdomen. He had taken allopathic treatment for a period of 2 years and used all pain-killers and antacid. He got palliation all the time with that treatment and finally was suggested surgery. I took his case and the following symptoms were recorded.
- Gripping severe pain in the pit of stomach
- Nausea and vomiting of food
- Pain radiating from pit of stomach to back / spinal region
- Restlessness during pain
- No time modality for pain
- Tongue coated white and tasteless
- Anxious and restless .
- Patient pale, anaemic, lean and tall
- Ozaena in nose with pain
- Fear of examination
- Angry on contradiction
- Loss of memory
- Revengeful ( malicious )
- Concentration in studies difficult
- Desired cold water to drink
- Desire for open air
- Pain amelioration by eating
CLINICAL AND LABORATORY INVESTIGATION
- Barium x-ray – confirmed duodenal ulcer: ?Zollinger-Ellison syndrome
- Blood Hg 9% only. Other complete blood test: Within normal limit
- Stool ova, cysts undigested particle of food were found
- Urine “normal “, colour yellowish
After evaluating the symptoms and re- verification with patient, following symptoms were considered:
- angry on contradiction
- revengeful (malicious)
- difficulty in concentration forget fullness
- desire for cold water to drink .
- desire for open air
- pain in stomach , ameliorated by eating .
After repertarisation with KENT and studying Materia Medica I selected LYCOPODIUM .
- ON 26th August, 2004 gave LYCOPODIUM 200 1 dose only No amelioration. Pain continued. Waited for 48 hours. on 29th August, 2004 gave Lycopodium 1M 1 dose. Pain relieved the same day. On 21st September, 2004 patient had improved. Appetite improved. But pain relapsed but, with less intensity. I then increased the potency and gave Lycopodium 10M one dose. No pain since then . On 1st December, 2004 patient reported improvement and wait gain. I then gave Lycopodium CM only one dose. No aggravations. Investigation were done. Barium x-ray, stool examination were within normal limits . Ulcer totally cured. The case was closed successfully without using any complementary drug.