George Vithoulkas - Professor of Homeopathic Medicine
“Born in Athens, Greece on 25th July, 1932”
Professor George Vithoulkas is internationally recognized as the personality who revived Classical Homeopathy in our times. He is the teacher of the majority of contemporary teachers and became famous because of the information he gave to his students worldwide.
Thousands of doctors have been educated by him and many became teachers of homeopathy. This is the sole reason the homeopathic movement was revived all over the world.
Professor Vithoulkas is the only teacher that enables students to attend all his live cases and explains the method of taking a case, analyzing it and how to arrive at the right decision for a remedy. But the most important advantage for the students is that they can see the follow-ups and what happened with the prescription. In this way, he shows students the whole process of treating a case and therefore reveals the complete information about the application of Classical Homeopathy. This process is actually replacing the process that takes place in conventional medical hospitals.
His knowledge comes through his untiring efforts in the last 60 years to improve, through practice and constant research, the standards of education in order that the Classical Hahnemannian Homeopathy will be accepted by Medical Universities.
George Vithoulkas is today:
- Honorary Professor at the University of the Aegean, Greece,
- Honorary Professor at the State Medical University of Chuvash Republic (Russia),
- Honorary Professor at the All-Russia Scientific Research Center for Restorative and Resort Medicine of the Ministry of Health of Russian Federation
- Honorary Professor of the National Educational Centre for Traditional and Complementary Medicine (Russia),
- Honorary Professor of the Pontifical Javeriana Medical University, (Colombia),
- Honorary Professor at the Kiev Medical Academy,
- Honorary Professor of PHEE “Kyiv Medical University”,
- Honorary Professor of Dnipro Medical Institute of Complementary and Alternative Medicine (Ukraine)
- Honorary Professor of Dnipro Institute of Medicine and Public Health (Ukraine)
- Collaborating Professor at the Basque Medical University (2001-2004),
- Doctor Honoris Causa of “Dr. Viktor Babes” University of Medicine and Pharmacy of Timisoara (Romania)
- Doctor Honoris Causa of “Iuliu Hatieganu University of Medicine and Pharmacy of Cluj-Napoca (Romania).
- Also, he is Senior Associate Member of Royal Society of Medicine, UK.
In 1996, he was honored with the Right Livelihood Award (also known as Alternative Nobel Prize, www.rightlivelihood.org) “…for his outstanding contribution to the revival of homeopathic knowledge and the training of homeopaths to the highest standards”0F. The United Nations (Development Forum) consider this award “Among the world’s most prestigious awards”.
In 2000, George Vithoulkas was honored with the Gold Medal of the Hungarian Republic, by the country’s President, Arpad Goncz, for his work in the homeopathic medicine.
In 2000, George Vithoulkas was awarded by the Minister of Health in India with the Gold Medal as the “Homeopath of the Millennium”.
In 2012, he was honored with the Honorary Award of National Medical Academy of Postgraduate Education in Ukraine named after P.L. Shupyk” (George Vithoulkas – Honorary Professor, a distinguished scholar and teacher).
In 2020, he received an extraordinary distinction from the Royal Society of Medicine as they decided to add his name in the prestigious RSM WALL OF HONOUR.
INTERNATIONAL AND EUROPEAN ORGANISATIONS
In 1980, George Vithoulkas was invited by the World Health Organization to write the first article on homeopathy for the book, Traditional Medicine, published by WHO, as well as the main article in the round table discussion for WHO’s scientific magazine, the World Health Forum2F journal.
In 1996, he was invited by the European Parliament to explain the position of homeopathy and after his presentation the European Parliament voted in favour of homeopathy.
On 11th June, 1999, George Vithoulkas was requested by the Council of Europe to make a day- long presentation on homeopathic medicine (as part of their evaluation of alternative therapeutic methods) before the Social, Health and Family Affairs Committee. The text that was published thereafter mentions his receipt of the Alternative Nobel Prize and refers to his categorization of the various alternative methods.
In 2008, Prof. George Vithoulkas was invited as an honorary speaker to express his views on homeopathy in an opening speech at the “2nd World Congress on Controversies in Neurology (CONy)”. In his speech, entitled “Is Homeopathy a Science?”, George Vithoulkas reported on the impressive developments in homeopathy over the past fifteen years. He described the basic principles of homeopathy and stressed that clinical experience of thousands of homeopaths worldwide on treating chronic diseases has led to the conclusion that homeopathy is classed as an “Evidence Based Medicine3F”.
INTERNATIONAL ACADEMY OF CLASSICAL HOMEOPATHY
In 1995, Prof. George Vithoulkas established the International Academy of Classical Homeopathy in Alonissos, Greece, where he serves as Head of Educational Department (Educator). In this Academy, George Vithoulkas shares the knowledge gleaned from his 60 years of his experience and teaches his most current theories regarding levels of health. In his teachings, he provides detailed information that both helps doctors determine each patient’s state of health, as well as facilitates their ability to estimate whether a case is curable with homeopathy and the amount of time and remedies that will be needed to accomplish a cure.
Every year, during the summer months, groups of doctors from various countries gather to be trained at the Academy. They come from Germany, Italy, Sweden, Norway, United Kingdom, Russia, U.S.A., Canada, Austria, Japan, India, Pakistan, Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Greece etc.
Fifteen thousand (15,000) medical doctors and homeopathic practitioners from sixty-two (62) countries have been trained at the International Academy of Classical Homeopathy.
The Educational Program of THE International Academy of Classical Homeopathy has been adopted by various Universities
a. State Autonomous Institution of the Chuvash Republic Supplementary Vocational Education “The Postgraduate Doctors’ Training Institute” of Health Care Ministry of the Chuvash Republic (Russia) – Postgraduate Educational Program in Classical Homeopathy for Medical Doctors.
b. National Educational Center for Traditional and Complementary Medicine (Russia) – Postgraduate Educational Program in Classical Homeopathy for Medical Doctors, Dentists and Veterinary Doctors
c. Medical School of Moscow State University of Food Production (Russia) – Postgraduate Educational Program in Classical Homeopathy for Medical Doctors, Dentists and Veterinary Doctors
d. PHEE “Kyiv Medical University” – Postgraduate Educational Program in Classical Homeopathy for Medical Doctors, Dentists and Veterinary Doctors.
e. P. L. Shupik National Medical Academy of Post Graduate Education (Ukraine) – in compliance with the Order of Ministry of Public Health of Ukraine – Postgraduate Educational Program in Classical Homeopathy for Medical Doctors and Pharmacists
f. Aegean University of Greece – Postgraduate Educational Program in Classical Homeopathy for Medical Doctors and Dentists
g. Pontificia Universidad Javeriana Cali, Colombia – A Postgraduate Course for Medical Doctors and Dentists and students of these schools
h. Academia Medico Homeopatica de Barcelona, Spain
– A Postgraduate Course for Medical Doctors and Dentists
The E-Learning Program has been officially accredited on the 13th April2017 by the Health Council, Ministry of Health Serbia, under number A -742/17 as a national course first category.
Our E-Learning Course has been officially accredited by the Australian Register of Homeopaths (AROH) https://www.aroh.com.au/Accredited-Courses
On 1st June, 2010, the International Academy of Classical Homeopathy launched the E-Learning Program in Classical Homeopathy http://www.vithoulkas.edu.gr
This program is an academic, on-line program based on the highest educational standards according to the principles of Samuel Hahnemann.
Prof. Vithoulkas is speaking English and the Program is available with English, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, Greek, Romanian, Italian, French, Turkish and Arabic subtitles.
Books Written by George Vithoulkas
- “Homeopathy-Medicine of the New Man” (1st Edition 1971 by Kouros Books, USA, 21 editions after this)
- “Homeopathy-Medicine for the New Millennium” (Published by International Academy of Classical Homeopathy, 2003)
- “The Science of Homeopathy” (Published by Grove Press, 1980, USA, several editions)
- “The Levels of Health” (the second volume of “The Science of Homeopathy”, Published by International Academy of Classical Homeopathy, 2010)
- “Materia Medica Viva” (13 volumes–Homeopathic Pharmacology–Published by International Academy of Classical Homeopathy, starting 1993, in process)
- “A New Model for Health and Disease” (Published by North Atlantic Books, USA, 1986)
- “Talks on Classical Homeopathy” (Published by B. Jain Publishers, India, 1988)
- “Essence of Materia Medica” (Published by International Academy of Classical Homeopathy, 1988)
- “Classical Homeopathy for Anxiety and Jealousy” (Published by Urs Maurer, Switzerland, 2001)
- “Homeopathic Conference Esalen” (1st Edition in English, 1980)
- “The Bern Seminar” (Published by Ulrich Burgdorf, Switzerland, 1987)
- “The Celle Seminars” (Published by Ulrich Burgdorf, Switzerland, 1992)
- “The Basic Ideas of Homeopathy” (Published by Ianos, Greece, 2008 – Best Seller for 9 months)
- “Homeopathy, The Great Challenge in Medicine” (Published by Livanis, Greece, 2008)
- “The Basic Principles of Homeopathy” (e-Book by I-Tunes-Apple and Kindle- Amazon, 2014, in English language)
His books have been translated into thirty-three (33) languages. Most of his books, in various languages, are mentioned in the NLM Catalog (National Library of Medicine, www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov). Some of the most well-known libraries that host his books are “The Library of Congress”, “The British Library”, “Harvard University Library”, “Cambridge University Library”, “Stanford University Library”, “The Library of Université Catholique de Louvain”, “The Karolinska Instituet Library”, “WHO Library” (World Health Organisation), “The Berkeley Library”, “Die Deutsche Bibliothek”.
In 1996, Prof. George Vithoulkas was honoured with the Right Livelihood Award (also known as Alternative Nobel Prize, for his outstanding contribution to the revival of homoeopathic knowledge and the training of homoeopaths to the highest standards.
Other Popular videos of Prof. George Vithoulkas
So far IACH has presented papers in eleven International Medical Congresses of very high standards with new ideas, which have an application not only in homeopathy but for general medicine as well.
These new ideas have been proposed by Professor Vithoulkas in his book “Levels of Health” and in his article the “The Continuum of a Unified theory of Diseases”
Here are the Medical Congresses in which IACH participated:
- New York – “Autoimmunity in 2017-Where Are We Now?”
- Fiji Islands – “Immunometabolism and Chronic Disease Conference”
- Krakow, Poland – WONCA Europe Conference
- Dublin, Ireland – Keystone Symposia
- Stockholm, Sweden – The 5th World Psoriasis and Psoriatic Arthritis Conference
- International Conference at the Harvard Medical School – Movement, Brain-Body-Cognition– Oral Presentation
Our paper received the prestigious award of the Best Poster (see the link): https://www.vithoulkas.com/news/impressive-recognition-new-ideas-medicine
Actually, at this scientific conference was awarded the pioneering paper of Professor Vithoulkas “The Continuum of a Unified Theory of Diseases”.
- Amsterdam, Netherlands – The 5th European Congress of Immunology
- London, United Kingdom – The International Congress on Advanced Treatments and Technologies in Multiple Sclerosis – Oral Presentation
- Barcelona, Spain – The13th World Congress on Controversies in Neurology,– Oral Presentation
- Vancouver, Canada – Immunometabolism, Metaflammation and Metabolic Disorders (D6)
- Tel Aviv University, Israel – Movement – Brain, Body, Cognition Conference 2019 – Oral Presentation
Articles Written By Prof. George Vithoulkas’
George Vithoulkas’ most important Articles, to be found in peer-reviewed journals, are the following:
- The “continuum” of a unified theory of diseases, Medical Science Monitor, 2010; 16(2): SR715, G Vithoulkas, S Carlino
- How Can Healthier Children Be Born? A Hypothesis on How to Create a Better Human Race, Med Sci Hypotheses 2017; 4: 38-46, G Vithoulkas, S Mahesh
- The Spin of Electrons and the Proof for the Action of Homeopathic Remedies, Journal of Medicine and Life 2020; Vol. 13, Issue 3, G Vithoulkas, C Berghian-Grosan
- Psoriasis cases of same diagnosis but different phenotypes—Management through individualized homeopathic therapy, Clinical Case Reports, Wiley, 2019, DOI: 10.1002/ccr3.2197 , S Mahesh, V Shah, M Mallappa, G Vithoulkas and the abstract video of the paper: https://vimeo.com/340499223
- Homeopathic Treatment of Vitiligo: A Report of Fourteen Cases, Am J Cases Rep 2017 Dec 2; 18: 1273-1283, S Mahesh, M Mallappa, D Tsintzas, G Vithoulkas
- Improvements in long standing cardiac pathologies by individualized homeopathic remedies: a case series, SAGE Open Med Case Rep. 2018 Aug 9;6:2050313X18792813, L Tenzera, B Djindjic, O Mihajlovic-Elez, BJ Pulparampil, S Mahesh, G Vithoulkas
- Levels of Health Theory with the Example of a Case of Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis, J Evid Based Integr Med. 2018 Jan-Dec;23:2515690X18777995, D Chabanov, D Tsintzas, G Vithoulkas
- Heterotopic Ossification in a 7-year-old female patient treated with individualized homeopathy: A case report, Clinical Case Reports, Wiley, 2019, DOI: 1002/ccr3.2547, D Tsintzas, A Jaggi, L Jaggi, S Mahesh, G Vithoulkas
- Individualised Homeopathic Therapy in ANCA Negative Rapidly Progressing Necrotising Crescentic Glomerulonephritis with Severe Renal Insufficiency – A Case Report, J Med Life. 2019 Jan-Mar; 12(1): 49–55, doi: 25122/jml-2019-0001, S Mahesh, L Jaggi, A Jaggi, D Tsintzas, G Vithoulkas
- An innovative proposal for scientific alternative medical journals, J Med Life 2017 Jul-Sep; 10(3): 197-199, G Vithoulkas
- Ebryomal Carcinoma with immature Teratoma: a Homeopathic Case Report, Complement Med Res. 2017 Oct 30. doi: 10.1159/000481819, S Mahesh, M Mahesh, G Vithoulkas
- Can Homeopathy, a Particularly Mild Therapeutic Approach, Survive and Grow in a World of Violence?, Homeopathy, 2020 May 14. doi: 1055/s-0040-1710020, G Vithoulkas
- Multimorbidity after Surgical Menopause Treated with Individualized Classical Homeopathy: A Case Report, Clinical Medicine Insights: Case Reports, 2020 October 19, doi: 1177/1179547620965560, S Mahesh, T Denisova, L Gerasimova, N Pakhmutova, M Mallappa, G Vithoulkas
- Antimonium crudum in pediatric skin conditions: A classical homeopathic case series, Clinical Case Reports, Wiley, 2020, doi: 1002/ccr3.3674, S Mahesh, T Kozymenko, N Kolomiiets, G Vithoulkas
- Homeopathic treatment for prolonged postoperative coma: a case report, JMed Life 2017 Apr-Jun; 10(2):118-121, G Vithoulkas, V Văcăraș, J Kavouras, AD Buzoianu, M Mărginean, D Văcăraș, S Cozma
- Homeopathic Treatment for Postpartum Depression, J Evid Based Complementary Altern Med. 2016 Jan 1:2156587216682168. doi: 10.1177/2156587216682168, V Văcăraş, G Vithoulkas, AD Buzoianu, I Mărginean, Z Major, V Văcăraș, RD Nicoară, M Oberbaum
- Individualized Homeopathic Therapy in a Case of Obesity, Dysfunctional Uterine Bleeding, and Autonomic Dystonia, Am J Case Rep 2018; 19:1474-1479: DOI: 10.12659/AJCR.913328, T G Denisova, L I Gerasimova, N L. Pakhmutova, S Mahesh, G Vithoulkas
- Treatment of Postoperative Sore Throat With the Aid of the Homeopathic Remedy Arnica montana: A Report of Two Cases, J Evid Based Complementary Altern Med. 2017 Nov https://doi.org/10.1177/2156587217735986, D Tsintzas, G Vithoulkas
- Individualized Treatment of Bone Marrow Edema of the Knee With the Aid of Classical Homeopathy: A Report of 2 Cases, SAGE Publishing andClinical Medicine Insights: Case Reports, 2020 Feb 12, org/10.1177/1179547620904896 , D Tsintzas, G Vithoulkas
- Myasthenia gravis therapy with individualized homeopathy: A case report, Clinical Case Reports, Wiley, 2020, org/10.1002/ccr3.3190, V Vacaras, C Nistor, I Rahovan, C Vacaras, G Vithoulkas
- Serious mistakes in meta-analysis of homeopathic research, J Med Life 2017 Jan-Mar;10(1):47-49, G Vithoulkas
- The controversy over the “Memory of Water”, Med Sci Hypotheses 2017; 4:1-6, G Vithoulkas
- Homeoprophylaxis, the Great Misunderstanding,Homœopathic Links 2016; 29(02): 111-112, G Vithoulkas
- A Placebo-Controlled Double-Blind Randomized Trial with Individualized Homeopathic Treatment Using a Symptom Cluster Approach in Women with Premenstrual Syndrome, Homeopathy, 2019; 108(04): 256-269, doi: 10.1055/s-0039-1691834, M Yakir, C T Klein-Laansma, S Kreitler, A Brzezinski, M Oberbaum, G Vithoulkas, Z Bentwich
- Assessing Human Health-Correlation of Autoimmune Diseases with Chemically Suppressed Acute Infections of Patient’s Past Medical History, Journal of Autoimmune Diseases and Rheumatology, DOI:https://doi.org/10.12970/2310-9874.2017.05.06, S Kivellos, S Mahesh, G Vithoulkas
- Opinions about studying non-conventional medicine,European Journal of Integrative Medicine, 2015. 7. Suppl. 1: 42, R Jurcau, I Jurcau, G Vithoulkas
- Fracture treatment with the aid of the homeopathic remedy Symphytum officinale. A report of four cases.Clin Case Rep Rev 1: doi: 10.15761/CCRR.1000234, D Tsintzas, G Vithoulkas
- The Posology and Doses of Remedies Used by Hahnemann in His Provings, Homoeopathic Links, 2015; 28(3):190-194, S Simadopoulou, G Vithoulkas
- Gangrene: Five case studies of gangrene, preventing amputation through Homoeopathic therapy, Indian Journal of Research in Homeopathy 2015; 9(2): 114-122, S Mahesh, M Malappa, G Vithoulkas
- Correlation of Medical Anamnesis with Current Disease in Chronic Kidney Disease Patients Receiving Hemodialysis: A Retrospective Study of Causative and Exacerbating Factors from Homeopathic Point of View, International Archives of Medicine, 2015; Vol. 8, No 150, S Nikitopoulou, S Kachrilas, S Kyvellos, G Papafilippou, G Vithoulkas
- Homeopathy for infertility treatment: a case series, Clinical and Experimental Obstetrics and Gynecology2014;41(2):158-9, T Kalampokas, S Botis, A Kedikgianni-Antoniou, D Papamethodiou, S Kivellos, V Papadimitriou, G Salvanos, N Paparistidis, I Gavaris, C Sofoudis, E Kalampokas, G Farmakides, G Vithoulkas
- Conscience and Consciousness: a definition,J Med Life. 2014 Mar 15;7(1):104-8. Epub 2014 Mar 25, G Vithoulkas, D Muresanu
- Clinical trial of homeopathy in rheumatoid arthritis, Letter to the Editor, Homeopathy (2011) 100, 300, G Vithoulkas
- Debate: British media attacks on homeopathy: Are they justified? Homeopathy, Volume 97, Number 2, April 2008, Pages 103-106, G Vithoulkas
- True but strange?Nature, 1996 Oct 3;383(6599):383, G Vithoulkas
- Debate: Homeopathy and chronic headache,Homeopathy, Volume 91, Issue 3, July 2002, Pages 186-188, G Vithoulkas.
- Homeopathic treatment of chronic headache: a critique,Homeopathy, Volume 91, Issue 1, January 2002, Pages 32-34, G Vithoulkas
- The need for the correct sequence of remedies,Homeopathy, Volume 91, Issue 1, January 2002, Pages 40-42, G Vithoulkas
- A proving of Thiosinamine,British Homoeopathic Journal, Volume 90, Issue 3, July 2001, Page 172, G Vithoulkas
- The question of the “constitutional remedy”,British Homoeopathic Journal, Volume 87, Issue 3, July 1998, Pages 145-147, G Vithoulkas
- Medically qualified vs NMQ homoeopaths,British Homoeopathic Journal, Volume 86, Issue 1, January 1997, Pages 37-38, G Vithoulkas
- As good as gold?British Homoeopathic Journal, Volume 85, Issue 1, January 1996, Page 39, G Vithoulkas
- Obstacles to homoeopathic treatment,British Homoeopathic Journal, Volume 85, Issue 1, January 1996, Page 42, G Vithoulkas
- Health and disease in homoeopathic philosophy,British Homoeopathic Journal, Volume 84, Issue 3, July 1995, Pages 179-180, G Vithoulkas
- Homoeopathy: past, present and future,British Journal Clin. Pharmacol. 1998, Jun;45(6):613, G Vithoulkas
- Answer to the review of my book “The Science of Homeopathy”, British Homoeopathic Journal, Volume 68, Issue 4, October 1979, Pages 233-238, G Vithoulkas
- The necessity for an inner preparation of the classical homeopath, Simillimum, 2005, Volume 19, Pages 117-122, G Vithoulkas
- The colour of the homeopathic improvement: The multidimensional nature of the response to homeopathic therapy,Homeopathy, Volume 94, Issue 3, July 2005, Pages 196-199, Oberbaum, SR Singer, G Vithoulkas
- Effects of homeopathic treatment in women with premenstrual syndrome: a pilot study, British Homoeopathic Journal, Volume 90, Issue 3, July 2001, Pages 148-153, M Yakir, S Kreitler, A Bzrezinski, G Vithoulkas, M Oberbaum, Z Bentwich
- Homoeopathic treatment of premenstrual syndrome: a pilot study,British Homoeopathic Journal, Volume 84, Issue 3, July 1995, Pages 182-183, M Yakir, S Kreitler, M Oberbaum, A Bzizinsky, G Vithoulkas, Z Bentwich
- Perspectives of research in homoeopathy 1987-1994,British Homoeopathic Journal, Volume 84, Issue 3, July 1995, Pages 176-177, Z Bentwich, M Oberbaum, Z Weisman, N Harpaz, D Rothman, G Vithoulkas
- A working hypothesis for homoeopathic microdiluted remedies, British Homoeopathic Journal, Volume 81, Issue 1, January 1992, Page 67, GS Anagnostatos, G Vithoulkas, P Garzonis, C Tavouxoglou
- Reinventing the wheel? Or the emperor’s new clothes, J Altern Complement Med. 2003 Oct;9(5):613-5, M Oberbaum, G Vithoulkas, R van Haselen, S Singer
- Clinical trials of classical homeopathy: reflections on appropriate research designs, J Altern Complement Med 2003 Feb;9(1):105-11. Review, M Oberbaum, G Vithoulkas, R van Haselen
In the prestigious “Papyros Larousse-Britannica4F” encyclopedia, in a three-column article, he is portrayed as “leader homeopath, one of the most famous reformers of homeopathy during the twentieth century, the man who infused homeopathy with new ideas on a scientific base”. His work is mentioned in “Who’s Who in the World”, (18th edition, p.2293).
 Encyclopedia Papyros Larousse Britannica, Greek edition, volume 15, page 396.
Case Study: Treating an Important Man
I have been treating Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher, already for several months starting from the time we were in India in 1965. In the summer, we travelled in Gstaad, Switzerland.
There I met his hostess, an Italian Baroness. As soon as we met and she knew that I was treating him with homeopathy, she said, “Oh, you have intuition!”, implying that I could find the remedies through intuition. I replied, “How do you know that?” She said, “I can see it !!” I said, “No, I do not have intuition, I have studied very hard for what I know.”
After sometime Krishnamurti fell ill with bronchopneumonia -he was gasping and wheezing with high fever and paiful coughing holding his chest to reduce the pain from coughing- I could not find the proper remedy.
I gave Bryonia without effect and several other remedies in the following days without any effect, fever was keeping very high especially in the evening time.
The situation became more and more precarious. People around Krishnamurti became more and more frightened and anxious and some of them were very concerned, “What’s happening? He’s going to die, don’t you see?” I said, “Yes, I also think he is going to die.” Where was my intuition? Why didn’t I have intuition then?
I mention this initial conversation because the idea that I had intuition was widely circulated during that time. But I knew that if this idea prevailed, then will be detrimental for homeopathy.
The hostess asked me whether we should call a doctor from Geneva. I discussed it with Krishnamurti, “Sir, I cannot find the proper remedy that could help you”, meaning I was desperate and I needed help. He was in a really bad condition, not being able to breathe, he had high fever and I thought, as everybody else from his court, that he would die. I said, “We must call a doctor from Geneva.” He asked me whether such a doctor will help me, “Is he going to help you to find the remedy?” asked Krishnamurti. “An allopathic doctor from Geneva will not help me find the remedy, but will give you antibiotics,” I replied. But Krishnamurti said, “No, no, you try, you keep on trying continue”, in a voice that could be hardly heard.
All the people in his court stopped saying that George had intuition. You don’t have to have intuition in such a situation, you have to have knowledge. So, I went back to my chalet, believing, most probably in my subconscious mind, that he was going to die. I dreamt in the night that he had died. He had fallen off the sofa as a corpse, and I was responsible. I ran and picked him up, put him back on the sofa and I shouted, “Sir, I am here, I am here .” I was trying to bring him back to life by talking to him, but he was dead. I woke up in agony. It was 5:00 in the morning and I was drenched in sweat thinking that Krishnamurti had most probably died. A terrible thought passed my mind. Was that dream an intution?
Anyhow, I went to my notes again and started repertorization of all his symptoms. I wrote down everything, and I studied the case again. And, as I did that proper repertorization, the remedy appeared clearly
I had given the most sophisticated remedies so far, nothing was working – suddenly it dawned on me, and I said, “Oh my God, this is a case of Phosphorus!” And then I could not wait. I usually made my visit at 8:00 a.m., but at 7:45 a.m. I was already there to see if he was still alive. Krishnamurti was very weak, but nevertheless still alive. “How are you, sir?” I asked him, and he replied with horrible groans and wheezes. I asked him to open his mouth, and I put in a dose of a high potency of Phosphorus, 1M. Afterwards I left, and then returned in the evening at around 5:00 p.m., my regular evening visiting time.
On this second visit I went straight to his room but he was not there. I got a fright again thinking most probably he had died and they took him away. I got out of the room and I saw him coming from the bathroom – he’d gotten up himself and he had gone to the bathroom . “Sir, what did you give me?” he asked looking at me. “It doesn’t matter, it’s called Phosphorus,” I told him. He replied, “I feel so much better.” In that short space of time, between that morning and 5:00 in the evening, Phosphorus had brought down his fever and made him feel well again. He was even able to get up, although he was still totally exhausted and really no more than a corpse. Three more days he was almost totally well.
I had treated him already for a year for his chronic conditions and I kept treating him for one more year before I left to go back to Greece to introduce homeopathy to my country.
A few months before leaving him he said to me. “Sir I feel like 16 years old”! This was a sign for me that I could leave finally this extraordinary Man and continue following my life’s mission that I had promised to myself: To spread Classical Homeopathy to the whole world.
Krishnamurti was 71 when I left him and lived for another 20 years in very good health.
I am still struggling after more than 60 years to fulfill what I felt deeply in my soul when I was 28 years old that was my mission.
Professor George Vithoulkas
Alonissos, July 19, 2021
Now that is the time of truth. Had I said, “God, please give me intuition!”, he would have died. You have to have knowledge, know what to do at the given moment, because if you don’t have this kind of knowledge, you can forget everything else. Your intuition will only be good when someone says, for example, “You see, I’m crazy,” or in discussing philosophical issues. But when you are faced with the possibility of death, you cannot waste time relying on your intuition. You must be able to rely on your knowledge alone.