DR BISHNU PRASAD MAITI
KHARAGPUR HOMOEOPATHIC MEDICAL COLLEGE & HOSPITAL ( WB )
This is a proliferative inflammation of the spleen . It may be acute , chronic ,suppurative in character . The acute from is secondary to the acute infectious disease , the chronic from occurs with chronic malarial infection and passive congestion of the spleen .
1. Malarial fever
4. Relapsing fever
5. Small pox
Signs and Symptomps –
1. There is a sensation of fullness , pressure or weight in the left
2. There is some discomfort , but little pain or tenderness .
3. The condition from pressure may produce or dyspnea or a peculiar
irritating cough .
4. If fever be present , it is probably due to the primary condition from
which the splenitis has occurred .
5. Sometimes vomiting with great postration .
HOMOEOPATHIC MEDICINE –
1.This remedy poroduces stiches and pressure with congestion of the
2. Its relived swollen spleens the result of malarial fever when the patients is anaemic .
1.The epigastrium is painful to pressure .
2. It has reduced much enlarged spleens in those suffering from ague , who are constantly chilly and worse by damp weather.
1. This sprained and no desire for food and drink .remedy produces
hyperemia and congestion of the spleen which passes on to an actual
enlargement of the organon .
2. The patients suffers from debility and the body feels sore as if
1. The remedy use where the spleen is enlarged and the pain in the
splenic area .
2. The skin is sallow , the face is puffy and expressionless , and the
bowels are constipated.
3. There is great pain in the lt side , so that the patient cannot lie upon
that side .
1. This remedy is indicated in case of hypertrophy of spleen dependent
upon malaria .
2. The patient is greatly emaciated and there is sudden sinking of the
strength , weakness and prostration, clamy perspiration
1. It is used for hypertrophy of spleen with acute splenitis .
2. There is tenderness over lt hypochondria with congestion and stasis
of the organ .
1. This always remembered in case due to traumatism .
2. There are the indication of unabsorbed blood clot in the spleen .
1. There are cutting pain in the region of spleen that extend down to
2. This remedy is serviceable in enlargement of spleen due to suffering
from maslaria and quinine cachexia .
1. This remedy is indicated when there is pain in the region of spleen
during an attack of malarial fever .
2. This remedy should be studied in all those cases of a bilious type
where fever has assumed a slow type .
1. The spleen is contracted and shows fatty degeneration .
2. The power of the digestive organ impaired, quinine cachexia,
excessive secration of saliva .
1. This remedy also serviceable in case of enlarge spleen following
yellow fever and chronic hepatitis due to malaria .
2. The pain slight but affect patient severely and so week that he must
lie down most of the time .
SPIRITUS GLANDIUM QUERCUS
1. There is dropsy of legs and a history of alcoholism .
2. This remedy has been found serviceable in both acute and chronic
difficulties of the spleen with hypertrophy of the organ.
RUBRIC RELATED TO REPERTORY BOOK
1 ) REPERTORY OF THE HOMOEOPTAHIC MATERIA MEDICA – J.T.KENT
ABDOMEN – INFLAMATION – SPLEEN ( PAGE NO – 553 )
Acon, apis, arn, ars, ars-i, asaf, bell, bufo, bry, cean, CHIN, chin-s, con, cupr,
ign, iod, nat-a, nat-c, nat-m, nit-ac,nux-v, sulph .
2) HOMOEOPATHIC MATERIA MEDICA & REPERTORY- WILLAM BOERICKE
ABDOMEN – INFLAMATION ( SPLENITIS ) ( PAGE NO – 804 )
Aran; Agn; ceanoth; chin-s; cinch; ferrm-p; iod; plumb-iod ; polym; ver-v.
3) REPERTORY OF HEARING GUIDING SYMPTOMS OF OUR MATERIA MEDICA
B Y CLAVIN B. KNERR
HYPOCHONDRIA – SPLEEN -INFLAMATION
Acon, apis , aran, arn , ars, ars, asaf, Bry, caps, cean, chin, cit-l, con, Ferr-m, Ign,
Iod, Nat-c, Nat-m, Nux-v, Sulph
4) HOMOEOPATHIC MEDICAL REPERTORY BY BY ROBIN MORPHY
SPLEEN- INFLAMATION- SPLEEN ( PAGE NO – 2022)
SPLEEN- SPLENITIS- INFECTION ( PAGE NO – 2025)
Acon, agn, apis, aran,arn,ARS,ars-I,asaf,bell,bry,bufo,caps,carb-
Chronic- acon, apis, arn, ars, ars-i, asaf, bell, bufo, bry, CEAN, CHIN, chin-s,
con, cupr, ign, iod, nat-ar, nat-c, nat-m, nit-ac, nux-v, sulph.
1) Repertory book-
a) Medical repertory robin morphy
b) Hearing guding symptoms clavin b knerr
c) Repertory of homoeopathic materia
medica – J.T.KENT
d) Homoeopathic materia medica and
repertory- William Boericke
2) Materia medica-
a) William Boericke
c) John henry Clarke
d) James Tylor kent
3) Davidson principles & practice of medicine
4) Harrison principle of internal medicine
5) SRB manual surgery
6) Manipal manual of surgery