Snoring is noisy breathing while you sleep. It’s a common condition that can affect anyone.
Snoring happens when the flow of air through your mouth and nose is blocked. Several things can interfere with air flow, including:
* Blocked nasal airways: Some people snore only during allergy season or when they have a sinus infection. Problems in the nose such as a deviated septum or nasal polyps can also block the airways.
* Poor muscle tone in the throat and tongue: Throat and tongue muscles can be too relaxed, which allows them to collapse into the airway.
* Bulky throat tissue: Being overweight can cause this. Some children have large tonsilsand adenoids that make them snore.
* Long soft palate and/or uvula: A long soft palate or a long uvula can narrow the opening from the nose to the throat. When person breathe, this causes them to vibrate and bump against one another, and the airway becomes blocked.
* Alcohol and drug use: Drinking alcoholor taking muscle relaxers can also make the tongue and throat muscles relax too much.
* Sleep position: Sleeping on your back can make snore.
Snoring is often associated with a sleep disorder called obstructive sleep apnea (OSA). Not all snorers have OSA, but if snoring is accompanied by any of the following symptoms, it may be an indication to see a doctor for further evaluation for OSA:
-Witnessed breathing pauses during sleep
-Excessive daytime sleepiness
-Sore throat upon awakening
-Gasping or choking at night
-High blood pressure
-Chest pain at night
-In children, poor attention span, behavioral issues or poor performance in school
Homeopathic Medicine for Snoring:-
Snoring with deep and heavy sleep. There is loud snoring with rattling. There is a sensation of suffocation and momentary stoppage of breath during sleep.
Snoring in with nasal polyps. Therr are symptoms of blockage of the nose. Foul smell from the nose, and post nasal dripping. Snoring from swollen nasal turbinates. The condition gets worse in damp and rainy weather. It helps in dissolving the polyps.
There is snoring in children. There is loud, heavy snoring during sleep. There is moaning along with snoring during sleep. In the morning, the child feels weary and confused. The patient is drowsy and sleepy throughout the day.
It is helpful when snoring persists even after the removal of the adenoids
It works well in cases of loud snoring with shallow, oppressed breathing during sleep.
Dulcamara are nose blockage, open mouth and snoring during sleep.
There is snoring when there is a suffocated feeling and gasping for breath present. Anxiety and restlessness while going to sleep.
Snoring with stoppage of nose. Coryza and sneezing with blocked nose. Acrid nasal discharge.