TALKATIVE TONGUE OF HOMOEOPATHY
• Yes we all talk with our tongue and today I want to introduce that what our tongue tells us. Tongue is the only visible part of the digestive tract.
• It is sometimes called the mirror of the stomach. It can prove to be a key-factor in determining many conditions and the overall health of the body.
• Let’s see what tongue says to us :
• Tongue fiery red, swollen , sore and raw with vesicles as if varnished, tongue feels scalded, red, wet, trembling : APIS MELLIFICA.
• Coated pasty thick white with reddened papillae and red edges, dry in middle, on the tongue there is small pustules which are painful, thirstless tongue in most of complaints : ANTIMONIUM TARTARICUM.
• A thick milky white coating on tongue : ANTIMONIUM CRUDUM.
• Tongue is raw and bleeding with profuse acrid salivation, strawberry tongue : ARUM TRIPHYLLUM.
• Tongue is dark red and dry with stammering speech, strawberry tongue : BELLADONNA.
• At first tongue is white with red papillae, dry and yellow brown in centre, later dry, cracked, ulcerated : BAPTISIA TINCTORIA.
• Dry parched tongue, coated along centre, red at base with great thirst for large quantity of cold water at long intervals : BRYONIA ALBA.
• Clean tongue with white papillae raised on red edges : CINA.
• Clean tongue with no thirst and copious salivation, constantly obliged to swallow saliva : IPECACUANHA.
• Parched dry tongue yet no thirst, feeling like tongue is too large and broad with soreness : PULSATILLA NIGRICANS.
• Large, flabby, clean, smooth as if varnished and fiery red with difficult articulation : PYROGEN.
• First half clean, posterior coated with deep fur, white, yellow, cracked edges : NUX VOMICA.
• tongue so dry that it adheres to the soft palate : NUX MOSCHATA.
• large, flabby, with imprint of teeth, mapped tongue, moist salivated tongue with intense thirst of large quantity of cold water : MERCURIUS.
• fissured in all directions : FLUORIC ACID.
• Dirty Greenish grey or brown coating of the tongue : NATRUM SULPHURICUM.
• Dry, sore, red, cracked, triangular red top. Takes the imprint of teeth : THUS TOXICODENDRON.
• Tongue yellow with imprint of teeth, large flabby, with red edges : CHELIDONIUM MAJUS.
• Greyish white coating of tongue, dry or slimy : KALI MURIATICUM.
• tongue clean, red with central furrow, fissured in all directions : NITRIC ACID.
• Geographic tongue : NATRUM MUR & TARAXACUM.
• Tongue coated white with bright red edges : LAC CANINUM.
• Tongue is white or yellow but red streak down the middle, tongue may dry, moist with coating or
without coating on either sides with scalded feeling.
Parul institute of homoeopathy and research.