“Janata Curfew” is being declared by the Prime Minister of India, Mr. Narendra Modi Ji, on 21st March 2020. Everyone is requested to stay at home as a preventive measure against the spread of Novel Corona Virus COVID-19.
In his speech, he declared the following topics:
- Prime minister is asking people to work from home.
- Hospital staff and media people are required to work on field.
- Senior citizens not to come out of house.
- Impose curfew amongst yourself in sunday (22.03.20) between 7.00 a.m. and 9.00 p.m. this does not apply to persons employed in essential services.
- Call at least ten persons about self imposed curfew. That will enable us to know as to how we are equipped to deal with situation.
- Hospital should not be overburdened
- Avoid routine medical check up.
- Elective surgery may be postponed
- Try to consult doctors over phone
- Covid-19 economic task force has been created.
- No deduction of wages / salaries requested.
- Supply of essential items / edible items will be ensured. Avoid panic buying. Avoid storing.