Delhi: To discuss the issues faced by AYUSH doctors, Aam Aadmi Party organized a meeting on 4th May 2019. The issues were discussed by the Honorable Chief Minister, Shri Arvind Kejriwal and Health Minister, Shri Satyendra Jain. The motto of the meeting was to find out ways to resolve the issues of all the sectors of AYUSH, Ayurveda, Yoga, Unani, Siddha and Homoeopathy. Hundreds of AYUSH doctors were gathered at the venue to present their Manifesto to CM.
The demands mentioned in the Manifesto were:
- Declare AYUSH as a Premier system of medicine in Delhi.
- In Primary Health care (i.e. Mohalla Clinics) Doctors of AYUSH system should be involved extensively.
- At Ward level, there should be AYUSH Clinic (Where in different shift/time different AYUSH Doctors will be deputed to deal with various acute & Chronic cases.
- Provision of mandatory CME (at least 4 in a year) with full financial support to all system of medicine of AYUSH.
- Fulfilment of all vacancies in Delhi AYUSH System hospitals, Medical colleges, dispensaries etc.
- Formation of State of Art Delhi Medicinal Herbarium. (Where almost all rare medicinal plants should be preserved.) It will be proud of Delhi.
- The budget of different AYUSH Board is very less. It should be increased at the honourable label.
- Establishment of AYUSH UNIVERSITY in Delhi for advanced level study & Research.
- Protection of right to practice of integrated medicine by the practitioner as per DBCP Act 1998.
The meeting at the end was signed off by the Health Minister, Shri Satyendra Jain, wherein he explained the problems they are suffering because of which some of the things are not getting resolved, and they will work harder in a more planned way so as to make AYUSH Community a better one.