If you are interested in saving lives then the medical field is the right field for you. This field is all about saving lives. By lives, I don’t only mean human lives but the lives of all living thing on earth. It is a vast field and advances on a daily basis. As the technology in medical field advanced, even the career opportunities in this field increased. People who get attracted to this field are usually caring, inquisitive, and industrious. They receive satisfaction from helping others.
The practices in the medical field were seen since ancient Babylonian, Chinese, Egyptian and Indian civilizations. During ancient civilizations, there were shamans and medicine personals that used to cure people with spiritual prayers and, herbal and ritualistic cleansings. The foundations for modern medicines were founded by Greeks and Egyptians.
To make a career in the medical field, one must first complete Higher Secondary Education i.e., 12th. In India, there are numerous medical colleges from where one can pursue the medical education. To get admissions in any one of these colleges you need to appear for NEET 2019 exam. It is conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE).
The medical field has many courses and designations for one to choose from. If you wish to become health practitioner and confused what to become than refer the following list which explains about few medical practitioners:
- Physician: Most commonly known as a Doctor. Physicians are professionals who promote, maintain or restore health by diagnosing and treating the patient’s disease.
- Dentist: They are the one who specializes in dentistry. They diagnose, prevent and treat diseases and conditions of the oral cavity.
- Pharmacist: They are also known as chemists or druggists. One needs to study the field of health sciences which focuses on the safe and effective use of medication.
- Nurse: A nurse focuses on the care of patients. Nurses have to work collaboratively with physicians, therapists, the patient, the patient’s family and other team members.
- Surgeon: The physician who performs surgical operations is called a Surgeon. A person can become a surgeon in any field of medicine. One can become a surgeon by starting with the MBBS Course.
- Dietician: An expert in human nutrition and the regular of diet. They are licenced to assess, diagnose and treat nutritional problems.
- Audiologist: A professional who identify, diagnose, treat and monitor disorders related to the auditory and vestibular system of the ears.
- Speech Pathologist: The professionals who offer services for individuals, families, support groups etc. They help to prevent and treat speech, language, social communication, cognitive-communication, and swallowing disorders.
- Optometrist: They are the practitioners of the eye and visual system. They provide eye and vision care.
- Radiotherapist: They are the professionals who work in the field of radio-oncology. They plan and administer radiation treatments.
- Paramedics: These are the professionals who work outside the hospitals during medical emergencies.
- Medical Laboratory Scientist: These are the professionals who work in medical lab medical tests.
- Homeopathy Doctor: Homeopathy is an alternative method of medicine which uses the principle of “like cures like” to heal a person. Homeopathic medicines have been around for centuries. It is proven to be very effective type of medication. To get into this field, one can apply for Bachelor in Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery [BHMS].
The medical field is a vast and interesting field. If you wish to make a career in this field, then there is a lot of struggle, stress and hard work. But at the end of the day, you will always feel happy and relaxed just by the thought of your contribution to saving lives.
Author: AshharAhamedDamda, currently working at getmyuni.com as a Content Writer. He is a Master of Computer Applications graduate. He likes to write informative blogs during his free time to share his ideas and help others to gain knowledge. He also does Freelance Content Writing.