With Deepest Regrets we share the loss of a Legend of Homeopathy of this era, Dr. PRASANTA BANERJI. The man who created a history of sorts in has left a Legacy of Knowledge of Homeopathy.
He suffered from a sudden heart attack and letter left for the Heavenly – Abode.
Dr. Prasanta Banerji, Founder and Director, Prasanta Banerji Homeopathic Research Foundation, is famed for establishing “The Banerji Protocols” of treatment. This is a protocol that has brought lucidity and user friendliness into a treatment form using ultra dilutional medicines.
Dr. Prasanta Banerji was a consultant physician, an Honorary Advisor to the Minister of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India, as a member of a key advisory group of experts, and also of an apex committee. Dr. Banerji had also been a Member of the Program Advisory Committee for the National Cancer Control Programme of the Government of India’s Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
Dr. Prasanta Banerjee turned out to be a Vidyasagar in true sense for the Homeopathic fraternity!!
Dr. Prasanta Banerji: At A Glance
- Prasanta is the second son of Dr. Pareshnath Banerji, who is a grandson of Pundit Ishwar Chandra Vidyasagar – Sanskrit scholar, educator, reformer, writer and philanthropist from Bengal, who was considered to be one of the greatest intellectuals and activists of the nineteenth century.
- Prasanta was born at Jamalpur, Bihar, on October 17, 1933.
- Prasanta studied in the Institute Of Homeopathy, Mihijam, Bihar, India.
- He started practicing at his father’s clinic at Mihijam from 1956
- Prasanta migrated to Kolkata in 1958 and established a clinic with a view of getting the scope of utilizing his knowledge of Homeopathy for the benefit of the teeming millions of the country.
- A second clinic was established in 1986
- Active and agile, octagenarian Prasanta regularly practices at his Elgin Road clinic , treating mainly cancer patients.
From being a Stubborn Homeopath to being an inspiration for many homoeopaths, his journey is commendable.
– ‘Non inutilisvixi` (I have not lived in vain)
We convey to Dr Pratik Banerji (and Dr Avijit n Dr Shudipto) Our Heartfelt Condolences and Sincere Prayers for the departed Noble Soul…