The world of medicine and health care is full of wonders. While many techniques and methods are seen as pseudo-science and criticized for not being real enough for the whole medical community to accept, there are many opportunities that aspirants of medicine can take up to follow their dreams of serving the world. Homeopathy is one such area of medicine, which is still not as famous as allopathy. Many people are not sure about how effective the techniques are, and many believe that in terms of career there is very less that a doctor of Homeopathy can earn.
Guess what? Both this assumption is wrong. Homeopathy as a Career Opportunity can be as successful and financially providing as much as allopathy.
If you have ever got the chance of meeting a doctor of Homeopathy, the first thing that comes into your mind will be those small white sweet medicines that they give.
The memories of walking into the office of a Homeopathic doctor are many, but nothing can beat the sight of thousands of glass bottles, all stacked up neatly, and small cut out square shaped papers in which the doctor would fill in the doses.
What is Homeopathy?
Homeopathy is the alternative approach in the field of medicine where the treatment of the patient is taken care of by providing highly diluted substances. Homeopathy triggers the patient’s natural system of healing the illness. The process is based upon specific symptoms that is shown in each patient differently, and the doctor matches it with that of the most appropriate medicine.
The word Homeopathy originates from two Greek words ‘Homeo’ which means ‘similar’ and ‘Pathos’ which stands for ‘treatment by the same.’ The method of treatment was developed by a German scientist named Dr. Christian Samuel Hahnemann.
How to Become a Homeopathic Doctor?
- An aspiring doctor of Homeopathy must decide their focus when they are in Class 12 or its equivalent. For the board examination, the aspirant must choose the Biology stream.
- The field of Homeopathy requires the same amount of preparation that a student of MBBS does. They need to study medicine for 5 years, with one year of house surgery.
- An aspirant can also take up a four-year long Diploma course.
- Bachelors in Homeopathy Science (BHMS) is provided by many universities and colleges in India and seats in these colleges can be acquired through an All India Medical Exam.
- The MD course in Homeopathy is also available, if the aspirants want to move forward with more studies in the field. It goes on for three years and can only be taken up after the BHMS course.
- The students of Homeopathy can further take up research, and provide to the community as well as increase their knowledge and wisdom in the field of Homeopathy.
What will you be doing in the field of Homeopathy?
A Doctor of Homeopathy will be receiving many job opportunities in today’s world. They can achieve a position of Medical Officer or a Doctor at various government and private homeopathic hospitals. Individuals can specialize in many fields such as Homeopathic pharmacy, pediatrics, dermatology, psychiatry or infertility. Professionals can also start up their own clinics and practices.
Doctors have a huge chance of getting into industries that are involved in creating the drugs and important equipment in the field of Homeopathy. After some years of experience, the individuals can take up jobs as lecturers in colleges or take up the job of being a research fellow, while receiving grants for continuing research. A BHMS degree holder can also open up their own pharmacy after some years of experience.
How much will you be earning?
As a doctor at a government hospital one will be starting at a pay scale of Rs. 10,000 – Rs. 15,000. In private clinics the earning of a homeopathic doctor is much higher and depends on how much they get in the clinic. Private clinics offer much higher pay as compared to government jobs.
According to Bureau of Labor Statistics, in the US, a Homeopathy doctors earned an average of $202,392 per year if they practiced in primary care and as specialists they earned almost an average of $356, 885 per year.
homeopathy, scope, career, opportunities, news, BHMS, MD, Research, job, Bureau of Labor Statistics, US, doctor