Case Study: 26/12/2012
A female aged 44 yrs. presented with:
1. Dsypnoea since 17 yrs. There was a dry cough which brought on the asthmatic attack. Worse from dust and smoke, new & full moon.
2.The patient catches cold easily resulting in sneezing and itching of the nose.
3.Pain in both heels worse on first motion >continued motion.
4.Burning vertex worse in summer.
5.Itching and eruptions in the arms from taking eggs and shell fish.
6.Thick, profuse leucorrhea <before menses.
7.Pain in the right breast<during menses
Desires: sour, sweet, eggs, cold food
Stool: Constipated,every alternate day
Temperament: Angry++,Stubborn.Fear-ghost,darkness,dogs. Absent-minded++
CALCAREA IODATA 200,1 Dose
FOLLOW UP 1:26/02/2013-Asthma-25%>,Pain in the heels-25%>.PLACEBO
FOLLOW UP 2:23/04/2013-Sneezing and Itching eyes-50%>,Asthma-40%>PLACEBO
FOLLOW UP 3:05/06/2013-Asthma did not occur in last 2months.Burning vertex-60%>PLACEBO
FOLLOW UP4:28/08/2013-Asthma-100%>.Heel pain-75%>PLACEBO
Features of Calcarea
1.Catches cold easily resulting in sneezing
2.Pain<1st motion>continued motion
3.Breast pain <during menses
5.Constipated,stool every alternate day.
Features of Iodum:
2.Thick profuse leucorrhea
4.Tubercular miasmatic preponderance Of Iodum.
Easily catches cold-sneezing and itching eyes.
Tubercular miasm-Psora: Hypoimmunity+ Syphilis:Destruction of immunity leading to the recurrence which is a feature of Tubercular Miasm.
Itching and eruptions from eggs,shell fish àTubercular miasm: Allergic diathesis is tubercular
Burning vertex is Syphilitic: Burning,Bursting pains are syphilitic
Thick profuse leucorrhea: Sycotic
Pain in Rt. Breast <during menses àSycotic.
Key word of Sycosis is Inco-ordination.This can be interpreted as Hormonal in coordination,which causes the breast pain.
Calcarea Iodata as a medicine is Syco-Tubercular which covers the miasmatic background.
Characteristics of Calcarea Iodata :
- Head : (a) Rush of blood to head(Tubercular ). (b) Head sweats: sour odour. (c) Headache from cold exposure.
- Nose: (a) Nasal discharges have a tendency to be profuse and yellow.(Sycotic) (b) Grand medicine for nasal polyps.
- Throat: (a) Prone to massive swelling of tonsils. (b) Tonsil: crypts or lacunae in tonsil: honeycomb appearance is diagnostic of Calcarea Iodata. (c) Predisposition to glandular enlargements. (d) Nodules in thyroid. Thyroid tumours and goitre, especially during puberty. (e) Uvula swollen(++). (f) Cervical lymphadenopathy: glands swell from cold.
- Breast: (a) Fibroids and nodules in the breast. (b) Mostly soft (can be hard also, but never stony hard like Calc. Fluor) and mobile.
- Gastro-Intestinal: (a) Desires: Sweet, sour, salt, salty, cold food, cold milk, egg (+++), Meat (++). (b) Mostly constipated,sour odour of stool. (d) Swelling of inguinal and mesenteric glands and becomes painful. (vi) Heart: Palpitation from least exertion.
- Female: (a) Irregular menses from hormonal imbalance. (b) Cystic tumours in ovary (a grand medicine). (d) Profuse yellowish leucorrhoea. (f) Profound weakness during menses.
- Extremities: (a) Rheumatic pains < new moon & full moon. (b) Cold and clammy hands & feet.
- General Tendencies: (a) Takes cold from every change of weather (catches cold easily),but pt. Craves fresh open air (b) Scrofulous, allergic, haemorrhagic Glandular swelling is a denominating feature of this medicine (Goitre,PCOD,Fibroid,Breast tumors)
- Thermal Relation Hot patient but long for fresh air (+++).
- Appearance: Scrawny, cachectic, hot; or Fair, fat, flabby, hot.(Tubercular miasm-Polarity of symptoms)